Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/20/15, 02:42 PM   #31
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

Spike with a battlizer? I have to start reading this fic.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 06:02 PM   #32
PRangerX
Administrator

The lightspeed chapter is more good stuff. So much happened and it was balenced out well. One thing I like about this story is that it seems to get better and better. There was plenty of action in this one. But the plot was also really advanced here.

I liked the apearance of the Lightspeed Rangers here. It was handled perfectly and really set up the Rangers using their powers later. I'm glad they explained why their was a new Aquabase. If Terra Venture can be built in a year thats plenty of time to build a new Aquabase.

The reveal of the Dark Phantom Ranger reveal was interesting and makes where this is going interesting. Especially with her relationship to Jake. We also got some good introspection from Jake.

I was a little nervous when Jake had two fight the monster and Phantom at once. But he got knocked around pretty bad until the others were able to help him. I think one of the good things about this series is that the fan made characters are well written and not treated like Mary Sue characters.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 09:06 PM   #33
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Thats a big problem I had when I first wrote fanfics back when I was young; my OC was a badass who always saved the day and always did things right. This is why I like Jake; He's a leader, but he has issues, he wants friends, but is afraid to have any, and he is worried about letting the team down.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/15, 10:51 PM   #34
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah he doesn't just save the day and act like a god. Thats a problem a lot of fic writers run into. Glad you didn't.
Old 01/25/15, 03:24 PM   #35
Zord Commander
Comic Relief

I've only read the first few chapters. I am concerned about Ghost Ranger. But from reading the spoilers looks like I have nothing to worry about. I am surprised Spike became a Ranger. But there have been plenty of comical Rangers. So this is supposed to replace Super Megaforce in the PRU right?
Zord Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 03:25 PM   #36
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
The reason for the Alien Rangers is I wanted to make sure each season (or mini season in their case) gets representation.
You could have got away with not using the Aliens, since they were more allies than a core Ranger team. But I also have no problem with you using them. Just that it wasn't 100 percent neccessary. But I guess the plan here is to represent every power so you don't lose anything anyway.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 03:41 PM   #37
PRangerX
Administrator

I like the style you used in the Time Force chapter. It was different and worked. We got a episode long battle and flashbacks to Jake telling the Rangers his story. I really liked that approach.

It was nice to see Legacy Pink and Legacy Yellow be heroes in this episode. Since we haven't had much of them standing out for awhile. I'm glad Black Phantom kicked their but at first to make it a real fight.

Jake's story is pretty amazing. I see you thought this out and made the origin story really tie into the PRU. Its interesting hearing about the Proto Rangers and Phantom's turn to darkness. Does she have anything to do with the real Phantom Ranger? Its good you had a pay off to all the mystery with Jake.

I do wonder how Zordon created the MMPR Rangers if Ninjor Created the coins? Also it would have been nice to get more of the girl's friendship established in earlier episodes. Since they haven't done much together on their own until now.
Old 01/25/15, 06:43 PM   #38
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Zord Commander- yes its supposed too, think of this as the season after Samurai, and MF/SMF being in an RPM style alternate reality.

Captain- I can see your point on them being allies, but I always considered them a true team based on the fact that they got their own shoe title, theme song, Morph, etc. Plus SMF only showed the Black AR and nothing else until the extended finale. My goal for the story was to make sure every single ranger team got some sort of representation.

PRX- Yeah, looking back on it I realized I should have done more with them bonding, but I thought it would be a cool way for them to get their battleizers. I'm glad you liked the Time Force Chapter.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 11:41 PM   #39
Zord Commander
Comic Relief

An interesting premise than. Just read the Zeo Chapter. I was surprised to see the Zeo Crystal show up. Since I figured that the Rangers would just turn into Zeo Rangers on their own. The Zeo Crystal should give them even more power.
Zord Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/15, 11:42 PM   #40
Astronema
Power Ranger

Wow! Didn't expect Jake to have such a cool backstory and for it to stretch out all the way back to Zordon. Also Dark Phantom is quickly becoming a cool villain.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply