Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/02/17, 11:39 AM   #11
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Default Re: What's your Alpha theory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
regardless of whether Amit said it or not it's irrelevant since he's not with the crew so if someone wants to bring Alpha 5 back they can without retconning anything.

and who said recent Power Rangers doesn't have huge stakes?
Characters are not allowed to die and we are stuck with insufferable high school bs. Like Redbot not finding a date to some silly dance.

No one on the show has contradicted Amit. If they wanted Alpha 5 alive he would have been in OO instead of 6.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 11:42 AM   #12
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

Amit knows more about PR than anyone. If he says Alpha 5 is dead, he is dead.
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 11:57 AM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Characters are not allowed to die and we are stuck with insufferable high school bs. Like Redbot not finding a date to some silly dance.

No one on the show has contradicted Amit. If they wanted Alpha 5 alive he would have been in OO instead of 6.
Characters not named Zordon or the Magna Defender?

True no one has contradicted Amit yet but that doesn't mean someone can't. It's possible Jackie wanted to respect what Amit said provided if she even knew about it or it's also possible she's just more familiar with Alpha 6 rather than Alpha 5 which is why she went with 6 instead of 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger Fan View Post
Amit knows more about PR than anyone. If he says Alpha 5 is dead, he is dead.
it doesn't matter how much someone knows he can say whatever he wants to but it wouldn't be official. Why? because he's not with the show anymore. Doug and Jackie can say all they want that Hexagon is in continuity (but not quite) since that's where Doug kind of got the idea for the video diary but in the end it doesn't matter what they've said in the past or what they'll say now since they're not with the crew so someone can retcon it if they wish.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 05:52 PM   #14
Tommy Hater
Ranger In Training

I hated how Tommy had his own personal Alpha in FR. Only a jerk like Tommy would create a copy of a dead friend.
Tommy Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 06:20 PM   #15
Maligore
Power Ranger

i'm surprised Saban didn't cheap out on bringing Richard back to voice Alpha 7. Djsney was sure cheap when they brought back Alpha 6 with a new VA. Or with how they did an imitator of Barbara Goodsen with Mystic Mother.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 06:28 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hater View Post
I hated how Tommy had his own personal Alpha in FR. Only a jerk like Tommy would create a copy of a dead friend.
it wasn't his it belonged to the Megaship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
i'm surprised Saban didn't cheap out on bringing Richard back to voice Alpha 7. Djsney was sure cheap when they brought back Alpha 6 with a new VA. Or with how they did an imitator of Barbara Goodsen with Mystic Mother.
why would they cheap out? although that had nothing to do with Saban since Disney was responsible for Wild Force but I do agree with you about Alpha 6 in Overdrive and the Mystic Mother.
Old 12/02/17, 06:34 PM   #17
Maligore
Power Ranger

My mistake, Disney deserves credit for Alpha 7 then. It was still surprising tho. Especially since Disney cheapened out on those other things.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 06:36 PM   #18
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Characters not named Zordon or the Magna Defender?

True no one has contradicted Amit yet but that doesn't mean someone can't. It's possible Jackie wanted to respect what Amit said provided if she even knew about it or it's also possible she's just more familiar with Alpha 6 rather than Alpha 5 which is why she went with 6 instead of 5.

it doesn't matter how much someone knows he can say whatever he wants to but it wouldn't be official. Why? because he's not with the show anymore. Doug and Jackie can say all they want that Hexagon is in continuity (but not quite) since that's where Doug kind of got the idea for the video diary but in the end it doesn't matter what they've said in the past or what they'll say now since they're not with the crew so someone can retcon it if they wish.
I was talking about PR now. PR still had high stakes back when the Megna Defender storyline happened. Not to mention that it was part of one of the best seasons ever.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 06:49 PM   #19
Ashley Andros
Putty Patroller

I agree with Ego in that PR isn't the same as it was back then. The new movie was cool though.
Ashley Andros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/17, 07:24 PM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
I was talking about PR now. PR still had high stakes back when the Megna Defender storyline happened. Not to mention that it was part of one of the best seasons ever.
RPM didn't have high stakes with it being the End of the World?

how about Samurai? They had no way to kill Deker so how they even did it is beyond me not to mention they (Mike, Mia, Kevin, Jayden and Antonio) were all willing to give up their humanity to save Emily even though that would've doomed them and the world.
Post New ThreadReply