Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/30/10, 12:23 AM   #11
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Is SPD in the same continuity as the main PRU?

If SPD is ever Retconned, the parrallel universe excuse is a good way to explain why the team ups happened. I don't think SPD will be retconned out for a long time though. We have another 15 years. Which is almost as long as the show has been on the air.

I don't recall SPD ever being stated to being the only Earth Power Rangers in 2025. But I suppose they did act like B Squad was the only force left to protect the Earth. But thats how every season is. Then again, most Power Ranger teams don't seem to overlap on Earth.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 10:41 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
With SPD taking place in the future and show distant from the regular PRU. You can help but wondering if it is from another universe like RPM supposedly is. Greg Arnowitz ( Bruce Kalish's second in command) admitted that he wanted it to be. But the DinoThunder team up seems to contradict this. As well as "Once A Ranger". But I suppose you could say the SPD team may have went to another universe. SPD could have the same backstory as the regular PR Timeline. By all other accounts, SPD is considered part of the main timeline. But you have figure things will get murky if the show makes it to 2025. Its almost silly to worry about that now. Who knows what state the franchise will be in by that point. I'd probably have to say that SPD is in fact in the regular PRU. But at the same time I have to wonder if that will be retconned somehow in the future.
we don't know when the aliens were supposed to start appearing but we do know that Kat and the Parents started lab work in 2001 and Bridge mentioned that he was born in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Actually from what I remember of WF, the Yellow Ranger had been a Ranger for at least a year prior to WF's airing. The other not Red nor Sixth Ranger were also Rangers before the show started.
that's correct in fact Taylor was there for at least a year as an active Ranger whereas Alyssa was the 2nd recruited and she was active for half a year, Max was 3rd recruited and he was also active for half a year and Danny was 4th who was only active for 2 months.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/17, 08:21 AM   #13
Saban Fan
Ranger In Training

I wish we could consider the Disney era its own continuity but I guess its too late for that. And understandably doesn't make good business sense. It must really bother Saban since i know he is a big control freak. But he does whats best for the Franchise. I can't wait until he fixes the movie franchise!
Saban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/17, 08:22 AM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

Its amazing how time flies, 2025 seems a lot closer now than when I originalky posted this thread.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/17, 08:22 AM   #15
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It isn't right now but in 2025 it will probably be retconned as one. RPM and Dino Charge have already set the precedent for alternate universes. Its odd that 2025 is close enough to realistically believe PR will still be going on. I know anything can happen but still.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/17, 08:24 AM   #16
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Power Rangers is an evergreen brand. Even if it does get cancelled again it will always he around in some form. Andy some semblance of a TV show will most likely return at some point.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/17, 08:26 AM   #17
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I don't like this recent trend of making PR seasons from alternate universes. I knew it was trouble when RPM did it and Dino Charge did it for no reason. At least RPM had the apocalyptic angle to explain.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/17, 06:37 PM   #18
Super Cena
Power Ranger

I think the season is definitely part of the future of the current PRU.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/17, 09:50 PM   #19
Jayden Ranger
Putty Patroller

its definitely part of the pru. Just in the future.
Jayden Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/17, 10:32 AM   #20
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Cena View Post
I think the season is definitely part of the future of the current PRU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden Ranger View Post
its definitely part of the pru. Just in the future.
for now it's the future but I like how Super Cena calls it that it's the current future of the current timeline since once you get too close to 2025 it can't be the current future anymore but rather either than alternate future or a different dimension altogether.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply