Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/26/17, 06:50 AM   #11
Yellow Fan Forever
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Do you mind the show staying in New Zealand?

It shouldn't matter if the stories are good. The filming location doesn't effect my enjoyment of the show.
Yellow Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 10:12 AM   #12
Mega Mission
Comic Relief

I think the New Zealand Footage made Megaforce look more major league.
Mega Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 10:51 AM   #13
VR Forever
Putty Patroller

Its been so long that it doesn't feel like a big deal
VR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 05:50 PM   #14
Karone Zhane
Putty Patroller

They should just move back to Velencia. The money spent would be worth it

Last edited by Karone Zhane; 12/03/17 at 12:41 PM.
Karone Zhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 11:10 PM   #15
Toei Ranger
Putty Patroller

I think they should move production to Japan and let Toei produce Power Rangers too. If not own it outright.
Toei Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 11:17 PM   #16
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

NZ isn't bad, its just too bad it makes it harder for team ups.But at least they have managed to make some work out.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/17, 11:25 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toei Ranger View Post
I think they should move production to Japan and let Toei produce Power Rangers too. If not own it outright.
Toei already co-owns it but I don't agree with them taking over the ownership completely since they already have Sentai, Kamen Rider and various anime to work on (not only that but they generally have issues dealing with English properties if they don't have a partner involved) but I do agree that it would be smart to move the production to Japan due to footage matching purposes not to mention instead of Saban needing to use a studio in New Zealand they could just use the same studio that Toei uses for Sentai that way if they need a set they can just use it there and they wouldn't have to worry about shipping suits over either since they would be somewhere within Toei so if Saban wanted to use a specific villain they could just get it without having a major problem with it.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 09:46 AM   #18
Porto
Putty Patroller

I like the idea of Power Rangers having their own studio.
Porto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 09:49 AM   #19
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Toei already co-owns it but I don't agree with them taking over the ownership completely since they already have Sentai, Kamen Rider and various anime to work on (not only that but they generally have issues dealing with English properties if they don't have a partner involved) but I do agree that it would be smart to move the production to Japan due to footage matching purposes not to mention instead of Saban needing to use a studio in New Zealand they could just use the same studio that Toei uses for Sentai that way if they need a set they can just use it there and they wouldn't have to worry about shipping suits over either since they would be somewhere within Toei so if Saban wanted to use a specific villain they could just get it without having a major problem with it.
It would seem to make sense. But it would be harder to have a diverse cast in Japan than New Zealand. You would have to fly in more foriegn actors. And any local actors you use would neee to speak english fluently.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/17, 09:51 AM   #20
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
That would be an excellent step in the rjght direction. If they must do original footage, at least it would be as close to the original as possible. Jonathon Tzachor could be hired by Saban or Toei to make sure the original footage was exactly like Sentai.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply