Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/04/17, 07:11 PM   #21
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

Default Re: What if Tommy never lost his Green Ranger powers?

Tommy would hopefully have been made closer to Braui if not in name. Ultimately Tommy would have died.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/17, 07:46 PM   #22
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
This is an easy one.

Tommy staying the Green Ranger would have made a big difference for both the fans, the production staff and Saban himself. Here's how I imagine it would go down:

- Lord Zedd would still arrive and force Rita out like he did, except the introduction of the Thunderbirds and the Thunder Megazord would be put off until later in S2.
- Lord Zedd would start fighting the Ranger by testing their powers & abilities at first. Tommy would still be constantly re-charged by Zordon, something that Zedd would use to his own advantage.
- Instead of getting a badly edited version of Thunder Megazord/Dragonzord fights, we would have seen the originally intended footage.
- After a couple of episodes, Lord Zedd fully adapts to Rangers fighting style and techniques and the two fighting sides soon become power equals.
- Eventually, all 6 Rangers realize that soon, they won't be a match to Lord Zedd and that something must be done about Tommy's powers. In the end, it is decided that the Rangers get new set of powers, but one of the Rangers must step down from duty in order to keep Tommy on the team.
- Luckily (and conveniently), Zack is chosen to go to the Piece Conference in Switzerland alone, so he steps down and gives his spot in the main Ranger team to Tommy.
- Rangers get a completely new set of Powers (Dairanger suits), new Zords (Thunderzords). Jason Trini, Billy and Kimberly all keep their Ranger positions, with Tommy taking Black Ranger's spot as the Green Ranger.
- Jason and Trini remain for a while longer.
- Zack still remains in the season for a while as well to allow for Curtis to finish his storyline (whatever it was) and then leaves for Switzerland.
- Ritchie joins the team as the White Ranger after finding out their identities thanks to events, similar to those in "The Ninja Encounter". This allows the Trini/Ritchie storyline to be completed at the end of S2 and properly introduces Rocky, Adam and Aisha in another "The Ninja Encounter"-like storyline, which also has the new trio find out the Rangers true identities and become allies of the Rangers.
- "Return of the Green Ranger" story arc has the Tommy in the Green Dairanger suit fighting against the Tommy clone in the Zyu Green suit.
- At the end of the season, Trini decides to pursue other interests in life (her fighting style from the "Plague of the Mantis" episode in S1). She choses Aisha to replace her as the Yellow Ranger. Since Zack would've already be in Switzerland by that point, that would make Jason also reconsider his priorities so Rocky would become the new Red Ranger.
- Ritchie gets injured badly during a martial arts practice, so Adam ends up replacing him as the White Ranger. In S2 finale/S3 premiere, the team setup is the following: Rocky (Red Ranger), Aisha (Yellow Ranger), Kimberly (Pink Ranger), Billy (Blue Ranger), Tommy (Green Ranger) and Adam (White Ranger).
- Ritchie and Trini start dating and soon move out of Angel Grove.
- In S3, Tommy switches Ranger color from Green to Black. We still get to see the existing ground fights, only with Kakuranger suits instead of Zyuranger ones and the Kibaranger suit. Adam becomes a recurring character and has its own storyline in that season. Same with other Rangers.
- Kat is still introduced as she was (except she's under a Zedd's spell, since Rita DOES NOT come back), Kimberly starts training for the Pen Globals. Seeing her, Tommy starts reconsidering his priorities as well and has to choose between being a Ranger and being with Kimberly. He chooses the latter.
- Zedd's magic starts getting weaker in the second half of S3 and starts searching for the Zeo Crystal, which means Kat's storyline happens as is.
- The Orb of Doom s storyline still takes place, albeit differently: it ends with Tommy & Kimberly leaving the team and staring their own lives. Billy stays with the team, as does Rocky. Tanya still shows up for Zeo. Zedd is defeated.
- Finster, Squatt, Baboo, Scorpina and Goldar leave the Milky Way Galaxy and make their piece with the current Ranger team. They disappear and are never heard of ever again.
- In Zeo: Kat (Pink), Tanya (Yellow), Billy (Blue), Adam (Green) and Rocky (Red). Later in that season: Trey (Gold Ranger #1) and Jason (Gold Ranger #2), who is brought back by Rocky himself. No David storyline, the Gasket's arena or the brainwashed Tommy stuff.
- T: APRM is unchanged for the most part, except no Tommy and Billy makes it to Turbo Ranger status. In the series, Billy gets a job offer by one of the biggest technology companies. Enter Justin. T.J., Cassie, Carlos and Ashely are all introduced in the first half of the season along with the Millennium Message storyline. The four later became replacements for Kat, Tanya, Adam and Rocky.
- "In Space" happens exactly as is, with the same exact Rangers and storyline.
- Forever Red: Jason (MMPR Red), Rocky (Dairanger Red), T.J. (Red Turbo), Andros (Red Space), etc. etc.
- Legendary Battle: The Red Dairanger in it is Rocky.
Not a bad plan but the only problem is behind the scenes issues would have got in the way of a lot of it. The original three were never supposed to leave until they went on strike. Which is why the transition was awkward.

I do agree about Tommy bring transitioned to new powers anyway. But they most likely would have still be White. I don't see them using the other Dairanger suits. But I can see where you would suggest that since it makes the later team ups easier. But so much of old school PR was the production team flying by the seat of their pants rather than following a long term storyline.

I doubt Tommy would have ever have stayed Green any longer. But the question lf this thread forces us to assume their is a reason why they would of.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/17, 07:50 PM   #23
Bandora's Ghost
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
Tommy would hopefully have been made closer to Braui if not in name. Ultimately Tommy would have died.
I would have been sad to see Tommy go for good sp early but I must admit that this idea intrigues me . Since I am also a Zyuranger fan. The Braui storyline was so tragic and added emotional punch to the series. But I guess the power loss storyline did the same in its own away to MMPR.
Bandora's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/17, 08:23 PM   #24
Original Power Rangers
Putty Patroller

I like the whole story line because they worked around the Japanese Footage and plot on very creative ways.
Original Power Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/17, 09:23 PM   #25
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Kim View Post
But couldn't they have decided to keep Ritchie and Curtis on after those Ranger Actors left? I am surprised that Richie and Curtis weren't kept to replace Jason and Zack. Shawna could have been introduced to replace Trini.
yes they could've but in their eyes they didn't see a point if Zack and Trini weren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge's Brigade View Post
Don't you think the Green Ranger Powers would have gotten old? Especially with no power loss drama.
yes having the same set of powers would've definitely gotten old
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply