Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/24/11, 10:45 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Did people not understand Summer ?

After "Ranger Yellow" came out a lot of people seemed to call Summer a spoiled brat. People thought it was unbelievable for her to become the Summer we knew in RPM. I feel that they we're missing the point of the episode and of Summer itself.

The whole point was that Summer became a better person once she decided to be herself. She wasn't really happy as a rich snob. That wasn't the real Summer. It was just the Summer she felt she was expected to be. To appease her friends and especially her parents. Summer obviously did everything to please her parents. Its pretty evident by the way she gets upset when they can't come to the birthday party, which they made for her.

When Andrews' gets fatally injured for her and tells her that he believes that she is special deep down....She decides to become her own person. She rescues Scott and becomes independent. Her time adventure to Corinth City and her early time there is what made her the Summer we see in RPM. I think its very believable to see her personality change like that. I thought it gave the character more depth.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/11, 01:10 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Did people not understand Summer ?

She's your typical Ranger girl who hooks up with a male Ranger.

There is nothing special about her. She is the Kim of the group.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/12, 12:41 AM   #3
crimsonfireranger
Ranger In Training

At first she wanted her birthday to be perfect for her parents not herself she depended on her butler to save her and she really changed when Andrews died saving her i don't think she was really like that she was like that because her parents wanted her to be like that
crimsonfireranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/12, 12:21 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Despite how Kamen feels, I don't feel that way. Kimberly never really had much development of her own until Season 3 although you do see bits and pieces of her developing at times due to eventually not being confused by Billy's tech speak.

Granted Summer is basically Dillon's romantic interest, Summer did have a big development in the flashback that we see so I do believe that was a big development for her because it showed to us that she wanted to be the Summer she became, not the Summer she wanted to be for her Parents especially since they kept on disappointing her.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply