Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/30/14, 05:56 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The character of Udonna

With the News of Peta Rutter's passing ( refer to the link below for more info)... I thought it would be nice to have a thread to discuss the fictional character she played. That being Udonna. So lets discuss the character. You don't have to sugercoat things. But lets have some respect for the dead. This is more about Udonna and how she fit into Mystic Force anyway. Discussing Rutter's protrayal herself, would probably fit better in the cast and crew section. I realize that could overlap with this thread. But I'll use my best judgement to see what posts need to be moved over.

http://pro-board.org/topic/1066?page=-1
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/14, 05:57 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: The character of Udonna

The character after the first ep was completely useless.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/14, 05:57 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

The thing that was interesting about Udonna to me was how the tone of her character changed from the beginning. My first impression of her was the kind gentle mentor. Somewhat of an older Princess Shalya type. But after the first several episodes we saw more of a sterner side to her. She diffintly had an edge. She wasn't someone to cave when the Ranger's got out of line. As time went on, we learned about Udonna's tragic past..... Losing her sister, husband, and young son. Which gave the character more depth.

Shayla never seemed to have the sterner side. The only time she was really firm was when she wanted the morphers back from the Rangers. Although she did have the tragic past. With her losing her civilization and Merrick. But Udonna's past seemed sadder or at least presented more that way.
Old 04/30/14, 05:58 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Losing your entire family < losing your entire society and losing the chance to form a family.

Being the last of your kind is far sadder than being one of thousands and losing your family.

Kalish was a drama queen.
Old 04/30/14, 05:58 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Good point. Udonna just seemed to have more of a tragic side. Not that Shayla wasn't shown to have heartbreak. She just seemed more happy.
Old 04/30/14, 05:59 PM   #6
Zabitan.vrtroopersonline
Shadow Ranger

I did like Udonna, and the whole story between her, Korrag, and Nick, but yeah I always did wish they would have made Snowgel Udonna's ancient mystic mode instead of a separate character

Then again there was a lot about Kalish's seasons I wanted to like because they sounded good on paper but I thought were executed horribly.
Old 04/30/14, 06:00 PM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

The only thing not executed horribly were the ending credits and the Kalishsplosions.
Post New ThreadReply