Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/15/14, 08:50 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Tommy Oliver / Fighting Spirit

Besides, Tommy was the franchise. He should have had a lot of focus. For a lot of people he made MMPR. I don't think he is the only good part of MMPR. But lets not deny that he is one of the main reasons PR became popular. The Green Ranger story arch was amazing.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:51 PM   #12
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Too bad Tommy couldn't have stayed till the end of Turbo. Even though TJ became one of my favorites besides Justin and Tommy.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:52 PM   #13
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

Yeah I agree with you there. TJ was pretty cool. Even though I gave up on PR for awhile, I ended up catching a lot of the TJ episodes later. And he was pretty cool.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:56 PM   #14
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

No beef with TJ. I agree with you guys there. He reminded me of Jason. Who was one of my favorites. So pissed when Zordon made Tommy leader, but I think thats obvious. Anyway, nothing personal guys.... Just how I feel.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:57 PM   #15
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

I hear ya man. Jason was one of my favs too. Just liked Tommy better. Was awesome seeing the two shake hands in "Forever Red".
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 08:59 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

That was diffinitly a fanboy momment for me too Todd. Pretty cool seeing the old friends work together one last time. It seems like there may have been some sort of a falling out. So it was nice to see them work together for old times sake and renew their friendship.
Old 12/15/14, 09:02 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Besides, Tommy was the franchise. He should have had a lot of focus. For a lot of people he made MMPR. I don't think he is the only good part of MMPR. But lets not deny that he is one of the main reasons PR became popular. The Green Ranger story arch was amazing.
I agree that Tommy was basically the face of the franchise. Not to mention that petitions from kids' parents plus calls from their Parents into their studios will speak volumes as to the popularity of a certain character and in this case kids usually went towards Tommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Guy View Post
Too bad Tommy couldn't have stayed till the end of Turbo. Even though TJ became one of my favorites besides Justin and Tommy.
I agree it was a disappointment that Tommy couldn't have stayed longer but JDF wanted a break from the show.
I personally didn't like T.J. as a Red Ranger I thought he was better as the Blue Space Ranger.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 07:30 PM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

I was pretty disappointed when TJ became blue at the time. I became a big fan of him as a leader. But he was still able to show leadership ability as Blue. Plus I warmed up to Andros. I was glad TJ remained a strong.character in Space.
Old 12/17/14, 07:31 PM   #19
Kelly Power
Comic Relief

I always thought Carlos should have been Turbo Red. It seemed like that was where they were going when he was introduced. Not a big TJ fan.
Kelly Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 07:34 PM   #20
VR Master
Power Ranger

My only complaint is not seeing Tommy fight himself as Turbo Red. Fighting Ninja White probably would have been pushing it. I loved the episode. Since it was a cool throwback to old Power Rangers.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply