Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/14/02, 03:04 PM   #1
ForeverBlue
Power Ranger

Default Grade each PR Series

How would you grade each PR Series?

Here's mine:

MMPRS1: C, This season was ok. Didn't like the dino zords very much. Episodes were good.

MMPRS2: B, This was good. I liked the thunderzords thogh. I missed a bunch of episodes. (Back in 1994 stupid YTV station stopped showing MMPR sometime after Jason, Trini, and Zack passed their powers to Rocky, Aisha and Adam) I didn't have the fox station back then. We got fox in 1995 when MMPR was just starting its 3rd season. No computer back then either. When fox was showing the re runs of season 1 up to end of season 3, I was able to see what I missed in season 2.

MMPRS3: A, This was great. I liked the Ninja Zords alot. Episodes were great too. Didn't like the last few episodes of season 3 very much.

MMAR: C, I didn't like it much at all.

PR Zeo: B, This was a good series. Didn't like the Machine Empire much. I liked the zords and so on. The episodes were good.

PR Turbo: D, this series was ok. I didn't like the first part of Turbo. The 2nd part of Turbo was a bit better. I didn't like Justin though. Episodes were ok.

PR In Space: A+, The best series ever. I liked everything especially Ashley of course. All the episodes were great. Too bad that Zordon died to spread his energy to destroy all evil.

PR Lost Galaxy: C, This series was good. Didn't like it much. Episodes were good. I didn't like any of the characters very much except for Maya.

PR Lightspeed Rescue: C, This series was ok. Episodes were ok except there was a few episodes that was crappy. I liked Dana of course.

PR Time Force: B-, This series was good but not the best. There wasn't enough time line. I liked the zords alot. The characters were ok. Circuit was kinda cool.

PR Wild Force: Kinda too early to rate this but it getting pretty good though. I liked Taylor.
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/02, 03:21 PM   #2
Cross My Line
Power Ranger

Can't be arsed to explanations right now, so just the grades.
-
-
MMPR Season 1: B
-
-
MMPR Season 2: B+
-
-
MMPR Season 3: A
-
-
Zeo: B-
-
-
Turbo: A
-
-
Space: A
-
-
LG: C-
-
-
LR: F
-
-
TF: D
Cross My Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/02, 08:50 PM   #3
Windgrail2
Ranger In Training

MMPR1- A-
MMPR2- B+
MMPR3-A
PRZ-A
PRT-C+
PRIS-A+
PRLG-A+
PRLR-B+
PRTF-A++
PRWF-B+ so far
Windgrail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/02, 10:47 PM   #4
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

MMPR : B-
Zeo : B
Turbo : C+
In Space : A
Lost Galaxy : A-
Lightspeed Rescue : B+
Time Force : A++
Wild Force : A+
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/02, 12:03 AM   #5
ChronoDefender2
Ranger In Training

Default .

Well I'll base all the series against each other, so the grades for MMPR are different now than when I was younger (obviously because I ad nothing to compare them to)

MMPR 1-B
MMPR 2-C+
MMPR 3-B-/B
PRZ -B
PRT -C-/C
PRiS -A
PRLG -B/B+
PRLR -C-
PRTF -A+
PRWF -D-/F
ChronoDefender2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/02, 12:07 AM   #6
ForeverBlue
Power Ranger

Default Re: .

Chrono, why are you still saying Wild Force sucks? Wild Force is going great already by the way. It has gone 16 episodes without sucking.
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/02, 01:26 AM   #7
ChronoDefender2
Ranger In Training

Default Ahhh

It is my opinion, that's all; nothing more, nothing less. I don't like the acting, the editing is choppy, and the story is weak and repetative. I like the zords a lot, but overall the story telling needs to be tighter, and my grade was in comparison to all the other series.
Old 05/19/02, 01:28 AM   #8
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Default Re: Ahhh

I think it's very good actually.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/02, 01:56 AM   #9
ChronoDefender2
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Ahhh

TitaniumBlue: In all fairness I should have explained why I graded each the way I did, so here it is:

MMPR 1-If I was asked to grade it when I was 10, then I'd say A+, but not now whn compared to all series. It was the first one and sets up the entire show and what it's about. I liked the idea of the power coins, ancient powers, cool back story, etc. I liked the teens and the rangers. Some really cheesy stories, but awesome martial arts action from Jason and Tommy (unmorphed).

MMPR 2-I didn't like the Thunder Zords as much, Lord Zedd was ok. I always like Tommy as Green over White. The recycled stories were getting boring. I did love the Green vs. White ranger story, and Adam was one of the best rangers ever.

MMPR 3-Again, recycled stories, but the ninja fights were incredible. The powers were pretty cool, and the zords were a step up from Thunder, but not as good as Dino. However, trying to mix 3-5 main bad guys was hard, and got tiring to keep up with.

Zeo- Great idea, awesome powers and zords. At the time, not realizing PR would change every year at that point, it was hard ti get used to new costumes,etc. I loved Jason coming back, but the Machine Empire didn't seem to menacing. Some really cool stories and an overall great look for the season. I liked Billy staying even though he wasn't a ranger.

Turbo-Not bad looking rangers (costumes), pretty cool zords, but not great story telling and a weak villian. Justin was a huge mistake. Phantom ranger was awesome. I was sad to see Tommy, Adam, Tanya, and Kat leave, but their replacements were actually cool (Unlike Rocky and Aisha, ugh). Did not like Dimitri (so?) or Alpha 6; ended pretty cool.

Space- Awesome. It was hard to get used to Melony's acting, but she got better. I did not like Zhane, which was a first, because I usually like the 6th rangers a lot. Perhaps the best looking series, and definately the best looking ranger costumes. Tied everything together nicely, and made me sad to see it "end".

Galaxy-Hard to get used to a clean slate, but I really liked the ranger costumes. I did not like the zords, and did not like Mike as Magna Defender; the original was better and had a cool story. I actally liked Leo a lot, and was one of my favorite Red Rangers. I loved when his helmet was blown apart at the end. The ranger fights were really cool but the zords lacked majorly.

Lightspeed-Ughhh; A military/government run Ranger team; a new idea, but just didn't work out. The stories could have been cool, but never quite made it. Joel and Dana were cool, some of the zords were good, but overall nothing great.

Time Force-To me, the best series. I loved the story (I love time travel and interweaving stories). Wes is my favorite Red Ranger, I liked all the rangers, the acting was pretty good (for power rangers). Only one or two episodes that were lame fillers, but was smoothe and entertaining the entire season. Ransik's ending was lame after all the fighting, but Wes fighting hundreds of cyclotons alone was AWESOME.

Wild Force- Really lame acting. I like the zords a lot, awesome combinations. The story seems to mix some Galaxy and MMPR, but doesn't quite deliver. The Zen Aku story has dragged on and on, and the episodes have been ending the same way; he's going to kill them but doesn't and is facing inner demons. The rangers are too wussy and "gee golly, let's fight evil". Now I may not like it since it came right after TF, so maybe if it came after Turbo I would feel different.

So there's my opinions. I respect everyone's views here, and can see everyone's points, but we've seen that PR's can produce some quality stories, and it just doesn't seem to be at 100% right now, more like 60%.
Old 06/17/03, 09:37 AM   #10
JZSpock
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to JZSpock

Be careful what you wish for.

MMPR season 1: A+. Introduced you to the series, including Zordon of Eltare (miss him darn it) & Alpha 5 (miss him too). Also Rita was funny. Tommy & Kimberly's relationship, the most developed Ranger/Ranger romance in the series

MMPR s2: A+. Rita & Zedd's relationship was cute.

MMPR s3:A.

MMAR: A-. Personally refered to as the Zeo Saga. Nice Storyline about getting the Zeo crystal.

Zeo: A-/B+ An OK Series, Jason coming back as the gold ranger was a nice touch.

Turbo: F- Let me see..... what's wrong with it..... oh yes. first Zordon & Alpha 5 left for Eltare, never to return again :( Dimitria "questions questions questions" Alpha 6, Alpha 6's voice. Divatox. the whole shebang. Not to mention Justin, a KID as a ranger. >: Although making dimitria stop asking questions was an improvement, along with the Cassie/Phantom romance.

Space: D-/F+ the one thing that brought this series down: DEATH OF ZORDON!

Lost Galaxy: B. Hard to get used to a Post-Zordon saga. Nice go into space to find a new world.

LSR: F-- (is there such a grade?) EVERYTHING SUCKED! MMPR rip off! The Power belongs to beings like Zordon or Dimitria, or even Dulcea, not the military. Although Dana & Carter belong together, (and imo are Spock's maternal grandparents, Carter's lastname is Grayson, like Amanda Spock's mommy)

Time force: C it's an ok series, liked the relationship between Jen & Wes.

Wild Force: C. 4ever red was their best episode. (thank you Tommy for quoting Zordon!) Merick & Princess Shayla should have stayed together.

Ninja Storm: F (so far) too much of an imitation of MMPR, worse than LSR. It was a dead give away that Cam was going to be the newest Ranger. He was way to into the Rangers to be an outsider. his father was sensei. It would be like Zordon's daughter was working with the first mentor.

If I were a DDR Character it would be Charmy. She's the best!
JZSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply