Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Kamen Rider Online

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/16/10, 06:43 AM   #1
Lars
Putty Patroller

Default Dragon Knight International DVD Releases

I discovered that the first 10 episodes of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight have been released this month in germany! and the cool thing: the dvd contain the english version! I think this might interest a lot of people
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/10, 04:14 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Yes, this was known to fans for some time.

Unfortunately, I've heard they haven't been selling well there, or in Malaysia either. Japan, I'm still not sure.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/10, 04:39 PM   #3
Ignis
Power Ranger

I wish they would make another English version. I've been trying to introduce Kamen Rider to some guys at my school, but they keep complaining that they can't understand Japanese.
Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/10, 09:35 PM   #4
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
I wish they would make another English version. I've been trying to introduce Kamen Rider to some guys at my school, but they keep complaining that they can't understand Japanese.
Even if they did create another English version, they'd still find something to complain about.

You're best bet at introducing Kamen Rider to a global market would be if a respectable company suddenly decided to do a big-budget beef-up movie which is more palitible to Americans. That means no posing, no calling out your moves, and no cool finisher moves.

Just compare and contrast the Power Rangers television series using the Japanese footage, to the movie's US footage. They're shot in two completely different styles.
TokuNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/10, 09:50 PM   #5
Ignis
Power Ranger

I'd like it better that way.
Old 04/16/10, 09:58 PM   #6
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
I'd like it better that way.
Yeah, but then there's always adaptation decay you have to worry about.

You wouldn't want Kamen Rider to end up like Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun-Li (but then some would say it already has. I'm looking at you, Saban's Masked Rider!)

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that some poeple simply can't stand the style.

By the way, even though the Dragon Knight videos are out in region 2, you can always make your dvd player region free using codes off of the internet which you imput with the DVD remote (though not all players have codes). Just a suggestion. But then, most can just watch it online anyway...
Old 04/17/10, 03:20 AM   #7
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
I've been trying to introduce Kamen Rider to some guys at my school, but they keep complaining that they can't understand Japanese.
Can they read?

Because pretty much every Kamen Rider series of the last ten years has been subtitled by one group or another.
Old 04/17/10, 10:08 AM   #8
Ignis
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Can they read?

Because pretty much every Kamen Rider series of the last ten years has been subtitled by one group or another.
They're just making excuses... They're just more into American-style action where people actually bleed blood instead of sparkles. But I like pretty sparkles...
Old 04/18/10, 01:52 AM   #9
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
They're just more into American-style action where people actually bleed blood instead of sparkles.
Which is funny, because the main character ends up bleeding at one point or another at least once each series.
Old 04/18/10, 06:34 AM   #10
TokuNoob
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Which is funny, because the main character ends up bleeding at one point or another at least once each series.
I don't think it's the sparks they can't stand, I think it's the stylization of the series. Which is also funny because most American films are stylized just as heavily.
Post New ThreadReply