Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/01/14, 07:02 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default If you could what finisher would you give Kaitlin?

So one of the biggest elephants everyone brings up with VR Troopers is that Kaitlin didn't have a finisher due to women in Metal Hero shows usually being sidekicks even when they wore armor.

And I've read some fanfics that try to give her one and that got me thinking about what I would do.

I remember when the action figures came out they gave her this rifle, and a sword, and when they made the Battle Grid mode version they gave her two little swords, and two nunchucks.

And I remember she had this dual sided scythe weapon since they made Helen Lady a power up instead of a new character.

And I thought it would be cool if she had two mini swords or split her scythe in two, and she just chopped at the monster with them until they blew up.

What do think?

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/05/14 at 06:13 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 08:54 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: If you could what finisher would you give Kaitlin?

Sounds like a good idea, especially since you're idea is inspired by the toys. It would have been nice for Kaitlin to have a finisher. I noticed she didn't have one during the run of the show. The blaster was something but she needed more. Maybe her blaster could have done something or she could have used double Si's or something. Of course they were at the mercy of Hero Footage.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 09:50 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
I remember when the action figures came out they gave this rifle, and a sword, and when they made the Battle Grid mode version they gave her two little swords, and two nunchucks.

And I remember she had this dual sided scythe weapon since they made Helen Lady a power up instead of a new character.

And I thought it would be cool if she had two mini swords or split her scythe in two, and she just chopped at the monster with them until they blew up.
I agree that it was a supreme disappointment with her not having a finisher and I do agree with her Scythe splitting apart much like Billy's Power Lance would and then she just chops them at the monster until they blow up however another idea I would go with is that she would have the Scythe and the Nun-chucks and she could attach the Nun-chucks to her Scythe and then she would twirl it around like a baton so that the Nun-chucks would be hitting the monster while the Scythe's Blade would also be hitting the Monster and that would result in so much force that it would cause a destructive explosion.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 10:29 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I agree that it was a supreme disappointment with her not having a finisher and I do agree with her Scythe splitting apart much like Billy's Power Lance would and then she just chops them at the monster until they blow up however another idea I would go with is that she would have the Scythe and the Nun-chucks and she could attach the Nun-chucks to her Scythe and then she would twirl it around like a baton so that the Nun-chucks would be hitting the monster while the Scythe's Blade would also be hitting the Monster and that would result in so much force that it would cause a destructive explosion.
That would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Sounds like a good idea, especially since you're idea is inspired by the toys. It would have been nice for Kaitlin to have a finisher. I noticed she didn't have one during the run of the show. The blaster was something but she needed more. Maybe her blaster could have done something or she could have used double Si's or something. Of course they were at the mercy of Hero Footage.
Thanks, yeah I get a lot of ideas from the toys since that's where I got the idea for the Troopers having weapons in Battle Grid mode.

I even remember those special deluxe toys that were just the regular ones but with the silver parts being gold, and the edge glow see through visors, and battle packs.

And that gave me the idea that they should have used that in the actual show as a power up like in some hypothetical finale to the show.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:42 PM   #5
Willow
Putty Patroller

I'd give her a cool sword. She should have had a good weapon.
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:43 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Willow, what kind of cool Sword would you give her?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 09:48 PM   #7
Willow
Putty Patroller

A regular metal sword that glows and has a cool attack like season 2 Ryan and JB always had.
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply