Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/01/15, 03:30 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default The Royal Rangers Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for this episode.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/15, 09:37 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: The Royal Rangers Episode Discussion

'The Royal Rangers' is a good episode, in which the rangers create a trap to lure Fury out into the open. Fury grab the fake Gold Energem which caused his charger to explode. We also saw the humanoid form for the Gold Dino Charge Zord. It gave the Dino Charge Megazord a hard time. Fury escaped, but he didn't get the Gold Energem. I can't wait for the next episode to appear on TV.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 10:53 AM   #3
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

It's the really subtle things that make me like this season. Koda patting Kendall on the back too hard, Riley being confused why Shelby would interrupt his story, Koda thanking "Hot Shot", Curio calling Fury a mean kitty, it helps the presentation feel like a living and breathing universe unto itself.

Fury's a really ballsy character. To basically put his life on the line to power his own Megazord is clearly desperation, but as opposed to the groveling Furio (wow, didn't even intend to make that pun) was known to do, Fury has this sense of pride about him that makes it feel like Sledge's approval isn't his only goal here. Having not seen Kyoryuger, I didn't even expect the Megazord to make its debut in this episode, let alone the very start of it.

Chip, you're reading this, I know you are. Please, tell us why Dino Drive has to be saved for the Megazord. In the same episode, the Rangers get into an original fight with the Vivix, what would it hurt the story to have them use their new powers in that fight if you have to film it anyway? I know you weren't around for Samurai, but Mega Mode actually looked delicate enough to where the 2nd unit wouldn't want to risk damaging it, but Dino Drive is just a chest plate. My brain's itching for this simple answer.

Spikeballs? I had no idea there was a secondary minion in Kyoryuger, I keep learning new and fascinating things about that season. But why do they sound exactly like Fury?

And that was definitely one of the weirder endings in Power Rangers history. No explosions, no debut of new information, just the same reveal again that forces a retreat. Not a bad thing by any means, but a lack of climax is extremely noticeable in a show like Power Rangers.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 10:54 AM   #4
White Genesis
Putty Patroller

reat ep. Shelby's attitude towards royalty was a tad random but also funny. Nice to see a female Ranger who is funny as well as capable.
White Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 10:56 AM   #5
ranger_scout
Putty Patroller

Another solid episode. At first I thought that Fury had gotten the Energem, but then I thought about things more carefully during the commercials. These rangers seem much smarter than to just simply carry something so incredibly powerful that could be dangerous, had it fallen into the wrong hands, while trying to lure one of their enemies back down to Eart
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 10:57 AM   #6
big smile
Putty Patroller

Another awesome episode.

I loved the Rangers playing dress up. There were loads of superb character moments, such as the subtle building of Shelby/Tyler’s relationship and Shelby re-evaluating her opinions on royalty.

Although, Chip, how could you not have one of the male Rangers dressed up as a granny? I mean, you wrote The Great Egg Caper. What happened??!

The contrasts in the episode were brilliant. We went from the comic antics of the Rangers’ plan to Tyler’s emotional turmoil and the support of his team. Simply superb!

I wasn’t a fan of the Dino Drive introduction. Rangers should have to earn their new toys - having the mentor dispense power-ups at the right moment is pathetic. This was something RPM generally excelled at: Dr K would introduce a weapon in advance, but there was some missing part, which the Rangers had to work for.

There were also too many coincidences in the episode. The Zandar exhibit just happened to have the gold Energem. Chase just happened to hear that Glitz World is Poisandra’s favourite show. Kendal just happened to have the Dino Drive ready. Normally, these coincidences aren’t an issue, but 3 in one episode is a bit much.

Sledge’s unexplained absence was also odd. He seemed pleased last episode that Fury had got the Zord, so I expected him to be leading the charge.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still another outstanding episode. Chip’s done such a good job with the season that it’s easy too dismiss these minor niggles.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 10:58 AM   #7
powerpackers90
Putty Patroller

Pretty good episode.

So I guess we know now that "Mega mode" sold well for Bandai. I don't mind these cause it the same as Mega Mode, and I never cared about Mega Mode ether. I just kinda liked Mega Mode better. The look of it I mean. Cause I like the way it gave the team their Samurai armor for their final battle with the MotW. Where here it's just a battery on the chest. (judging it by this version, Not the "Super" upgrades later)

The plot was really hit or miss with me. The Tyler and his father stuff at the end was nice, and so was the hints at Ivan, but the whole "Royal trap" part were just very bizarre and lame I think. Really nobody told Tyler the Prince's name was before they went out. And how did Kendall gets the story to that Gossip show?

two big new Rangers things happened here.

I love how if you never seen Kyoryuger or are a kid. You think it's Tyler's dad in Fury, But if you look closely at the picture behind Tyler. Ivan is fighting the Cloaked Fury in the picture, the Gossip show gets his attention at the name "Zandar" before they bring up the gem, and Fury says "Zandar thunder" (Gold's Kyoryuger attack name) when attacking Tyler.

Also calling it the Shelby's artist friend is Auqa. He got a lot of focus, and was always wearing blue. Plus him leaving explains Cyan not showing up til Super Charge.
powerpackers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 11:01 AM   #8
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Saw the episode a while back and didn't get a chance to leave a review until now.

Everyone else has already beaten me to the punch with what there was to say but to summarize, I found this episode very enjoyable, always nice to see original footage, Dino Drive might be the "Megamode 2.0" but I'm okay with that since the season's likability overshadows the flaw, I like that Shelby didn't instantly warm up to the idea of pretending to be a princess breaking the stereotype that "all girls want to be spoiled princesses," the pacing was perfect and Tyler's acting in the final scenes felt more genuine/realistic than anything we saw in the entirety of the last two seasons. Only nitpick is that the Spikebolts' introduction could've been handled a little better but hey it was still decent compared to the new powers introduction.

To conclude, I'm giving this episode a 5/5 since I found plenty to like and enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing more from Dino Charge. Rock on Judd Lynn!
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/15, 11:02 AM   #9
Thrax
Putty Patroller

Amazing Episode.

The plot of Zander with help for the debut of Gold Energem and the Ptera Charger Megazord with the Black cape is amazing reminds Pterazord, Fury had this new found power and keeping that energy inside of him.

Tyler/Shelby dynamic was nice to see they make the plan to make Fury for there trap, Dino Drive mode coming from Kendall for Power-up the Megazords, sounds a nice elemento coming for the Rangers use more Megazord Power.

Fury coming with New Soldiers are cool for the final which Tyler not attack because he believes is father are catched by Fury.

Judd Lynn is amazing Power Rangers returns to there roots with this season, anxious for the next Episode: Gold Ranger is coming
Thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply