Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/30/14, 12:04 PM   #1
Comicstar100
Putty Patroller

Default Could a shared multiple season story like the Zordon era work today?

The Zordon era ran from mmpr-space. I've been wondering would something like that work in PR today? Could we have something that would lead to a season similar to space and have multiple villians from past seasons teaming up and creating and new UAE? Should PR attempt to have more shared continuity and have different aspects of each season carry over?
Comicstar100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 12:05 PM   #2
ToQSilver
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Could a shared multiple season story like the Zordon era work today?

I think it could possibly work. i definitely enjoyed the original 5 season arc, and i think kids today could get behind it and enjoy seeing the same characters gain new powers and stick around longer than 44 episodes over the course of 2 years.

There would definitely need a plan in place to give the rangers new powers. Though I'm not sure if it could work with Dino Charge changing over to ToQger due to the color changes that would need to happen, and lack of at least one core male ranger in the change.

But yes it could work, as long as the writing allowed a smooth transition from power to power
ToQSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 12:06 PM   #3
Yokozo
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Could a shared multiple season story like the Zordon era work today?

As much as I'd love to see that again, it's very unlikely that'll ever happen again. I think part of what made that work was that the cast was kept overtime and changing suits and colors felt almost seamless (minus Turbo). When you consider team-ups and legacy stuff, it's amazing that the Zeo Rangers are all different from the original five MMPR to make that possible.

Of course, they could do something like this, but instead of keeping the same cast, go with different teams contributing to the overall story arc. It just doesn't seem all that feasible anymore since the newer suits have more prominent motifs than before. I think it can be doable in the future, maybe if the next few Sentai make it work for Saban.
Yokozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 04:44 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I think it would be a great idea. You couldnt recreate MMPR through Space but you could still create something cool. Id probably do three year archs. Since youre gonna lose the target audience. Saban working with Toei would be huge, if they could pull it off.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 07:20 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

I definitely think it could work but only in terms of the villains, definitely not keeping the same cast together for 3 or 4 years. I think they could keep one or two cast members.

I personally thought Samurai would have been the best chance to do this but it would have required some changes.

1. Have Serrator, Dayu, Deker and Xandred be sealed away instead of being killed off.

2. Have Octoroo and Xandred make references that they need to destroy the Rangers before their Boss arrives.

3. Megaforce starts with Vrak arriving and he lets Malkor make most of the orders as a test however he himself (as in Vrak) is actually one of the higher ups in the army in fact there's actually a co-leadership in the Spectark Armada and Vrak himself is one of the co-leaders, the other one is the villain that Kyoryuger calls Chaos. The season would end with the Legendary Battle involving all of the Rangers and allies including Ninjor and Auric against Vrak, Chaos and all of the various villains that were sealed away or destroyed since the start of Samurai. Vrak's goal was to find a way to destroy the Rangers as well as break the limited seals that were on each monster since the Nighlok only had 2 lives so his one mission was to break that seal so that he could restore them back to life and of course he finally succeeds due to the fact that they were going to be battling in the Legendary Battle. Vrak will also have the ability to eventually gain enough power that he can split his forms so all of his forms (Warstar, Earth, Cyborg and Commander) can fight in the same battle all together and all at the same time.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/14, 08:45 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

I also think Ninja Storm would have been a good place to start. Since NS was so much an MMPR reboot for the 00s in a lot of ways. The Wind Rangers could have been sent to Reefside on a mission. Where they find the Dino Gems and team up with Tommy. All the while attending high school ( they graduated Ninja School not high school for all we know). Tommy would still become Dino Black with Trent as Dino White. And Mesogog as Villain. Than SPD could have been some sort of Space like season where Sky Tate recruits the Rangers to become SPD Rangers and battle the forces of the Gruumm. They you rebuit with Mystic Force for another two or three year run.
Old 12/09/14, 05:05 PM   #7
BananaRama
Putty Patroller

What's a sure fire way of making your already sub-par rating show lose even more ratings? Make it a continuous storyline so that the little ADHD spawns have no idea what's going on if they missed a single episode because they had a soccer game or grandma came over and they were forced to spend time with her instead of eating fruit loops in front of the tv.
BananaRama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 05:08 PM   #8
SirGreen
Putty Patroller

Honestly I love the idea of continuous seasons buuuuut this cast needs to be awesome. Nothing like the last 2 seasons we have had. I hated Samurais cast but i liked megaforces cast a little better towards the end. I rwally like the idea of spending more time with characters.
SirGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/15, 12:23 PM   #9
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

I don't know if it would work with today's PR fans but I think it would be cool
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/15, 12:25 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

The op must have forgot that they posted this thread here before. I deleted the duplicate post and moved Rangermanuel's reply here.
Post New ThreadReply