Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/22/15, 02:42 PM   #1
Agent Z182
Putty Patroller

Default Something I Realized About Forever Red

This is something that occured to me a while in regards to Forever Red. I don't know if this was on purpose by the writers, but the pairings we see in the episode make more sense when you take into account each Red Ranger's history:
Jason and Cole - The first and current Red Ranger respectively. And while it's a controversial moment, Cole destroying Serpentera could be considered a sort of 'passing-the-torch' moment from Jason as he succeeds where the first Red Ranger failed.

Tommy and Wes - Both have been paired with their teams respective Pink Rangers (though only Tommy became an official couple with Kim and later Kat, whereas Wes and Jen settled unresolved sexual tension.

T.J and Leo - The two had worked together previously in the Lost Galaxy/In Space team up.

Eric and Aurico - Two Red Rangers who were never the leaders of their respective teams. Also both their teams were led by females.

Carter and Andros - Both had teams with Silver Rangers. Also had heroic careers before their respective teams were formed (Carter was fire fighter and Andros served as one of Zordon's many warriors and was a Red Ranger already before meeting the Turbo Rangers).
Agent Z182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:43 PM   #2
Oceanblue
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Something I Realized About Forever Red

Regardless of whether or not there was any intention behind it, you can clearly look into the pairings and get a lot out of them. =) The Eric/Aurico thing completely slipped my mind! Even their names sound similar.

For T.J. and Leo, I thought it was more about the fact that they both used swords (I think T.J. actually used two in that scene). Similarly, I figured Carter and Andros were paired up for their laser fight, since Carter seemed proficient at it in Lightspeed Rescue and I feel like Andros used his laser more than previous Rangers did (but I'm kinda grasping at straws there).
Oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:24 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

I think part of the reason of why they opted for Eric and Aurico to team up with one another is because of how ironic such a pairing would be especially since Eric was always so against anyone that didn't look like a human.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 09:32 PM   #4
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

I never thought of these pairings but you do posses a point. First of all Jen/Wes are one of my favorite ranger pairings alongside Tommy/Kimberly. It seemed appropriate for Jason and Cole to be paired because Jason was the first red ranger and Cole being the new addition to the family. It was great for TJ and Leo to be paired again but I prefer TJ as the Blue Space Ranger (forgive me Justin). Carter and Andros seemed appropriate because of government connections with each other and both protected the Earth in two different cities where the PR legacy unfolded Andros service ended one era in PR history and Carter began another. Eric and Aurico I have no opinion but they are not official red rangers
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 09:58 PM   #5
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

It was cool seeing Wes and Eric a third time. It was an extra treat. Also they basically made Eric an official Red by having him part of the team up. Since it was Red Ranger only.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 09:59 PM   #6
Green Alien Ranger
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I think part of the reason of why they opted for Eric and Aurico to team up with one another is because of how ironic such a pairing would be especially since Eric was always so against anyone that didn't look like a human.
Thats a good point. I always thought it was a nice touch adding Aurico to the team. Nice of them to think to include the Alien Rangers.
Green Alien Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 10:01 PM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Its kinda interesting how Jason inferred that he meant Wes and Eric before off screen. I love the layers of subtext there. Especially the fued between Tommy and Jason that was alluded to and aparently settled. You could diffinitly see the Mentor/Rookie relationship between Jason and Cole.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 10:41 PM   #8
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

^I don't know what you mean by inferred before off screen. Meanwhile, I do get what you mean since ASJ and JDF feuded off screen because of their popularity with the fans plus there was one idea that was cut that the former teammates grew apart after the Turbo movie incident which behind the scenes was all Austin's idea. I do agree what you said about him and Cole. Cole truly has proven himself worthy to shine Jason's boots
Old 06/22/15, 11:13 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangermanuel View Post
I never thought of these pairings but you do posses a point. First of all Jen/Wes are one of my favorite ranger pairings alongside Tommy/Kimberly. It seemed appropriate for Jason and Cole to be paired because Jason was the first red ranger and Cole being the new addition to the family. It was great for TJ and Leo to be paired again but I prefer TJ as the Blue Space Ranger (forgive me Justin). Carter and Andros seemed appropriate because of government connections with each other and both protected the Earth in two different cities where the PR legacy unfolded Andros service ended one era in PR history and Carter began another. Eric and Aurico I have no opinion but they are not official red rangers
I agree with Eric not being an official Red Ranger but Aurico certainly is he was the Red Aquitar Ranger also known as the Red Alien Ranger.

Now in the case of Jason knowing Wes and Eric he made a comment like "I recognize some of you more than others" and he mentioned the beginning of the comment basically in front of Wes and Eric implying that the 3 of them have met before.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 11:31 PM   #10
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Well it should have been explained more how he knows some of the red rangers that succeeded himself and Tommy. About Eric, he was put in the show in the first place because Steve Cardenas was unavailable to do the show because of a change of addresses.
Post New ThreadReply