Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/20/17, 05:10 PM   #1
Samurai Gigazord
Putty Patroller

Default White Ranger really not that powerful

He was powerful. I jus mean he isn't as overpowered as a lot of people make him out to be. He just beat some B level monsters a few times.
Samurai Gigazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/17, 09:13 PM   #2
Kaoskid
Ranger In Training

Default Re: White Ranger really not that powerful

Well, yes. He wasn't. It is stated in universe the Zeo powers dwarf the white powers.
Kaoskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/17, 09:19 PM   #3
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Its really season 2 White Ranger that was over powered. In season 3 Tommy wasn't that much powerful than the others. Even if Falconzord was pretty cool.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/17, 09:46 PM   #4
Quantum Hunter
Ranger In Training

I don't know? It seems like they went too far with Tommy 's White Powers. They were probably over compensating for his power issues as Green. Zeo Red may have been more powerful. But it just didn't feel that way. As Tommy was just part of the team, albeit still an important part.
Quantum Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/17, 10:01 PM   #5
Summer Is Rich
Ranger In Training

It was ridiculous when he singlehandedly destroyed all those fish themed monsters. There is no way one Ranger should be able to defeat a small army of monsters
Summer Is Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/17, 10:48 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Its really season 2 White Ranger that was over powered. In season 3 Tommy wasn't that much powerful than the others. Even if Falconzord was pretty cool.
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Hunter View Post
I don't know? It seems like they went too far with Tommy 's White Powers. They were probably over compensating for his power issues as Green. Zeo Red may have been more powerful. But it just didn't feel that way. As Tommy was just part of the team, albeit still an important part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich View Post
It was ridiculous when he singlehandedly destroyed all those fish themed monsters. There is no way one Ranger should be able to defeat a small army of monsters
I don't think they were going too far I mean remember they were trying to make sure Tommy, Kimberly and Billy were able to hold the show on their own so the kids wouldn't notice they were missing half the team plus the kids wanted Tommy back so they decided to give them what they wanted.

I don't agree with the fish monsters since it wasn't Tommy himself who destroyed them it was Saba who had destroyed them.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/17, 12:00 PM   #7
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Tommy as White killed the character. And really overshadowed almost everything in season 2 and 3. He was way over powered. Saba shouldn't have been powerful enough to destroy those monsters. And he was still Tommy's weapon. Look at how he made Goldar into a stooge. He even beat Zedd. Tommy was at his worst as White Ranger. Not that Zeo still didn't suffer because of him.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/17, 05:33 PM   #8
Power Sentai
Ranger In Training

They went overboard sometimes. But there waw other episodes where Tommy still showed vulnerability.
Power Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/17, 05:40 PM   #9
Astronema
Power Ranger

It's funny because usually the early Sixth Rangers were powerful yet had a weakness that held them back. Tommy had his power problem as Green. Zhane had his own power problem and devided his time with the rebels after. Ryan had the cobra problem and had to leave on his quest. Tommy had no problem and just dominated.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/17, 07:33 PM   #10
Zeo Mega
Putty Patroller

I don't think Tommy was over powered. Its just they ran put of ideas for him as White Ranger. He waw at his best as Zeo Red. But I don't tottally dislike any of his runs.
Zeo Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply