Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Online Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/18/02, 04:43 PM   #1
Tristianity
Ranger In Training

Default "The Lone Wolf" Thoughts

Decided just to stick this in this forum:

I've spent a while thinking about what a good sixth ranger first episode includes (ofcourse, I mean the ep when they first morph). I've come to the conclusion that the ep has to be action-packed. It has to have emotion. It should have a story that makes us want to see the next several episodes to see what happens. And the sixth ranger has to have some kind of new trick or attribute that is either rare or has never been seen before. After watching "The Lone Wolf" I see that I am not dissapointed.

First off, it was action-packed. That was probably one of the best 6th ranger intro battles we've ever had. Lots of wirework. Lots of pyrotechnics. Lots of stuntsy crap to keep me happy.

Second, it had emotion. Granted, the story wasn't exactly the most groundbreaking, but it got the job done, I think. However, I can already see people saying "why didn't he join them- he knows it's not his fault". Well, not everyone is going to just fit into the mold you think they will and I, for one, am happy.

Third, it has a story with a cliffhanger. Merrick doesn't just magically fit into the team right away, so we have to wait and see what happens to him. And then there's the matter with Princess Shayla.

Fourth, the pool-idea. It's certainly one thing they've never done before. And I also like his weapon, because it's not just another typical rendition of a normal weapon, like a sword or whatever.

HOWEVER..., a few complaints.

First of all, after the core rangers first morphed. What the hell was their problem?! While Merrick is getting beaten up, they're too busy looking cool with their little "guardians of the earth" intro. It would have made more sense to use that little smoke-thingy later on, in an episode where someone's life wasn't in danger right in front of them.

Not really a complaint, but I was kinda bored with the zord battle this week. Most of their new attacks were unimpressive to me. Maybe it's just cuz WF has overloaded us with the stuff, but I'm starting to feel immune to the whole new zord thing.

One thing that will continue to confuse and annoy me about this episode was Nayzor's supposed death. That was just dumb. All Merrick did was push him against a wall and he fell down and exploded. I don't think they should have bothered using that footage.

Other than that, I'm good. This episode gets a flat A with me. And next episode looks interesting as well. I think it's a given that Merrick will join the others sooner or later, but it should still be fun to see when and how.

Lates!
Tristianity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/02, 06:43 PM   #2
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

You know what? I don't think this belongs here.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/02, 10:29 PM   #3
Tristianity
Ranger In Training

You don't belong here, but no one can seem to get rid of you, can they?
Old 05/18/02, 10:35 PM   #4
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

You are only hurting yourself.
Old 05/18/02, 10:41 PM   #5
Tristianity
Ranger In Training

Which is exactly what I said to you. What's really sick about this whole thing is you still deny that you have been posing as a number of different people even though the IPs match up.

No matter what you say, there is nothing that can prove that wrong.

And the fact that you even responded to this in the first place only demonstrates how bitter you are about being banned from PRC, with me being one of the central causes of exposing your idiocy.

If you had a life, you would not have to reply to everything I say with some temper-tantrum garbage that no one wants to hear.

And I know you're going to respond, but I'm finished with this conversation, so you can say what you like, since no one cares anyway.
Old 05/18/02, 10:45 PM   #6
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

I haven't denied a thing.

And I was being sarcastic you freakshow.
Post New ThreadReply