Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/30/14, 12:38 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default The show was missing better mecha

Sure they had some good vichules and the Sky Base. But I think the show was hurt by the fact that they didnt have the mecha that PR had. I think it would have helped make it more appealing. Of course they were at the mercy of the footage.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 02:16 AM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: The show was missing better mecha

Indeed I think that's one of the reasons why I wanted them to adapt Juspion as a Trooper because he had a spaceship that transformed into a giant robot so he could fight giant monsters.

Also this may sound weird but I remember a long time ago I used to have weird dreams where I would get aspects of various tv shows mixed up.

And one of them was where VR Troopers was the same show as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad like there was an episode where all three Troopers transformed into Battle Grid mode, and then later transformed into the full armor but then when the spaceship fights happened Ryan transformed into Servo while he was still Metalder while JB, and Kaitlin piloted the Skybase, and Grimlord sent out a mega virus monster.

Another similar dream had the Troopers transform into Battle Grid mode but go into their own individual spaceship Mecha, and instead of the the Battle Grid portal sequence it was the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad one but when they showed the cockpits it was the Troopers in Battle Grid mode.

And I later found out about all these various anime shows like Sengoku Majin Goshogun where there's these three people two guys, and a girl who all pilot their own individual spaceships that could combine form a giant robot.

Or they could all dock their spaceships into another giant robot that was a robot to begin with, and didn't transform into anything else but it was launched from the same spaceship.

And that brought me back to my dreams because I remembered that Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad had the three spaceships that combined to form a giant robot or become armor for Servo.

As well as the spaceship that could also become armor for Servo but it combined with with this other spaceship to become a robot dragon.

But that got me thinking about how in Metal Hero they had the spaceships that transformed into giant robots

And that got me thinking about the Troopers having not only their own individual spaceships that could combine to form a giant robot, on their own while the Skybase transforms into Troopertron.

And they have another robot that's a robot to begin with that can combine with the Skybase, and the Troopers individual spaceships to become some Super Ultra Mega Troopertron.

Last edited by Zabitan; 12/01/14 at 12:48 AM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 02:25 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The show was missing better mecha

I agree that VR Troopers was hurt by the fact that it didn't have good mecha. Sure the Troopertron was cool but that was just one mecha and it needed better mecha.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply