Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/23/14, 11:00 AM   #1
Jitterdoomer
Putty Patroller

Default Final Thoughts on Super Megaforce?

I would probably say meh, because of the Dairanger and the unadapted Sentai teams were appeared without every single explanation or something.
Jitterdoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/14, 05:08 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Final Thoughts on Super Megaforce?

Super Megaforce could have been done better, if the writers adapted more Gokaigers episodes.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/14, 10:35 AM   #3
Super Jeff
Putty Patroller

Default re: What are your final thoughts on Super Megaforce?

I consider both Megaforce and Super Megaforce the same season. Over all it wasn't really bad but it wasn't fully good. It had its charm, each of the rangers had a fun personality...except Troy...although he did seem to develop emotion near the end.

Troy - The weakest personality of all the rangers, I wish they had development for him especially his dreams that get dropped part way through Megaforce.

Noah - My favorite of the rangers, thanks to both Goseiger and Gokaiger footage, he got some interesting development. He started off as a meek nerd but got developed into a warrior. Compared to some random development with other characters (Like Jake), Noah's development felt more natural.

Jake - Probably my second favorite character, although him being a from cool to jokester didn't seem too off since he always had a jokeing side, but some gokaiger footage made him a little off putting.

Gia - Despite no development, she was cool and easily 2nd in command when Troy wasn't around to help keep the others in line.

Emma - Didn't care much for her in Megaforce but when Super Megaforce came around, it was nice to see that she got some development, mostly along side Jake or Orion, but she became a better fighter or showed her bright side.

Robo Knight - He was fun and bad ***, even his rapping had some amusement back in megaforce. I still think that even though he saved Orion, I like to think he did have some reserve power to save himself hence why he was the Legendary Battle.

Orion - Wish he had some more development outside of his debut but he was cool and I couldn't help but laugh when he offered Troy a piggy back ride.
Super Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:49 AM   #4
SilverRanger2014
Putty Patroller

Default re megaforce final thoughts

Second worst season of Power Rangers ever. Second because I consider Ordinary Megaforce to be THE worst (yes I consider Megaforce and Super Megaforce as separate seasons) as Super Megaforce and any of the other 19 seasons of Power Rangers are at least enjoyable to an extent. It is also the most disappointing season I've ever watched. Disappointing as I got excited over the fact they were going to finally adapt Gokaiger and instead we get a season with power-ups being pulled out the whazoo without adequate explanations. The Gokaigers had to work for their upgrades by learning lessons. Accuse me of being unfair by making a comparison to Sentai? OK then, the SPD Rangers had to work to get SWAT Mode by learning to work as a team. The Mystic Force Rangers had to work to get their powers back by going on a quest. The only time Super Megaforce did something like this was the one with Casey.

I get that a lot of actors didn't want to come back. However, Rovang suggested in his Gokaiger to PR guide that while many of the adapted tribute episodes wouldn't bring back a veteran ranger, the rangers could instead learn a lesson pertaining to that team. Maybe I'm wrong here, but maybe it was still possible to pay tribute to a season by learning some kind of lesson that team learnt. Unfortunately, what we got was Rangers unlocking Megazord upgrades by just using the Legendary Ranger powers in a battle.
SilverRanger2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:50 AM   #5
Drunken Rider
Putty Patroller

Default Re: re megaforce final thoughts

A poor man's edition of Kamen Rider Decade" That's all it is to me. The past teams before them unlocked certain powers/upgrades thorough side quests and certain requirements. But these guys just steal stuff like taking a candy from a baby.I mean come on! All they did just fight alot to unlock it because they didn't deserve it. That's strike one. Also they unlock it as well since they were talking too much while fighting. I kinda like the Goseiger half (Megaforce), I understand those writers are slowly trying to bring some standard PR quality back, but we know how that happened behind the scenes(Super Megaforce).Overall, to me Super Megaforce is pretty much a huge middle finger to the retro fans but not the main demograpics (the kids). Wasted potential. Yep, the "anniversary curse" still lives on. With a twist. That's all I fell about Super Megaforce, a big slap to the face to the retro fans with a big dirty middle finger sticking at you at the same time. Period.
Drunken Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:52 AM   #6
AkiraLeeJounouchi
Putty Patroller

Well I think the whole 2 seasons was a wasted oppurtunity. The show had the same extremely bad problems from Samurai, but it was done on a grandeur scale. Though I think if JT just left out pre-zyu and dai teams, it would've been mildly alright. And let me just say that yes there are Power Rangers Seasons that messed with the continuity of the series but this one takes the cake. Honestly I dunno what other season can destroy Power Rangers so bad. With that being said now, Samurai - Super Megaforce honestly is a failed illusion. Those seasons honestly reminds you that you're watching a TV screen. And if a magician's illusion can't hold up, then it's failed. Lets just forget it and move on.
AkiraLeeJounouchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:54 AM   #7
Red5
Putty Patroller

When you say as certain name in pr, you automatically think of certain seasons they are associated with; Shuki Levy has MMPR, Judd Lynn has RPM and Time Force, Bud Kalish has SPD and all of his Kalishsplosions, and I think Super Megaforce has become Johnathan Tzachor's season that everyone will remember. If he is ever brought back sometime down the road, everyone is going to immediately say "Remember what he did with Super Megaforce? This is the worst decision ever!" and other things like that. So not only has this season shown the adult fans that Operation Overdrive isn't as much of an isolated incident as we thought (a really bad anniversary season), but also now there is an EP that could very well come back (if JL ever decides to go do something else) and could give us seasons similar to this in the future. Maybe it's the potential of this happening again that angers/worries people the most; I don't know.
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/14, 11:55 AM   #8
Steamranger
Shadow Ranger

Default re final thoughts super megaforce

^ this pretty much sums it up and at the end of the day while it had left me disappointed with some wasted potential, it did have some interesting new things that I liked. Orion is a great example with his character and wish there was more exploration with him, and Roboknight was pretty cool as well [becuase Robocop + Power rangers = Bad@$$!]. Goesi maybe one of the worst mentors but it was also a nice return to basics as well. So conflicting but this post still sums it all up perfectly and nicely.
Post New ThreadReply