Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/06/14, 05:44 PM   #1
FE21
Shadow Ranger

Default MMPR Is Overrated!

On the day of of it's premiere, 20 years later, we looked back at Power Rangers history. But what's always bugged me is how overrated MMPR is. Personally, I can't understand how people watch it. I can understand nostalgia, but let me give you a reasonable argument. Every time I hear those obnoxious swishing sounds every time the rangers move, I cringe. What's the point?! Even today, Power Rangers still do it, but it's not as apparent and less frequent, so I'll let never seasons off the hook. I won't forget the music either. People complain about how Power Rangers Samurai reuses the same song over and over too much?! Look at why! And the rangers personalities themselves are ridiculously unrealistic. Now, that's not to say that any aspect of PR is realistic, but these guys are insane cardboard cutouts. You think Troy has no personality? Did Jason really have anything else to him besides liking Martial Arts, being "cool", and being a leader? And my last gripe is the story. There's 5 teens with very different personalities who hang out and are kidnapped by a talking blue head to because heroes in a rainbow of spandex colors who fight an evil space witch and her minions. The minions also grow and fight the teen's giant dinosaur robot. Later, there's an evil green teenager added with a dragon robot, who fight the other teenagers and then become friends. They also get a white brachiosaurus robot, and green loses his powers. They the teens get new robots and switch with other teens. Heck, the story is so basic, I could tell it to a 6 year old and he could tell it back (I wonder why...)

Conclusion: Because of Nostalgia, I think MMPR gets more love than it deserves. Honestly, I personally think the first 3 seasons were all very weak. I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what everybody else thinks.
Old 11/06/14, 09:52 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: MMPR Is Overrated!

MMPR was a product of the ninties. It was never meant to be serious and was supposed to be fun. PR would never be where it is today if it wasnt for MMPR. It was Saved By the Bell with super powers. The Rangers were larger than life superheroes. The second and third seasons are probably more original than any other season. MMPR was very episodic but also had a lot of serials. The show never tried to be a three year story arch. They kind of just played things by year. I dont think we will ever have an era quite like MMPR ever again. The closest are NS and DT. Which are basically modernized versions of MMPR. I supposed I should include Samurai in this, since that was clearly the producers intent to recreate a new take on MMPR.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply