Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/28/15, 07:21 PM   #1
TitaniumRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Astronema and Zhane

PRiS is probably my favorite PR season and Astronema is one of my favorite villains. I've always wondered though....in that episode where she decides to blast the silver ranger herself and accidentally blasts her own monster, why does she need the silver ranger to save her? After she blasts the monster, suddenly she starts acting like a scared child and falling to the ground helpless....she is supposed to be the princess of evil with many powers and can summon a squad of quantrons with a snap...in another episode she was about to personally destroy one of her monsters who was on his knees begging for his life until she decided she could use him for another mission... That always bugged me how she needed to be saved...she wouldn't be any more powerful than a normal human If she is totally helpless when confronted by a monster, especially one of hers! Any ideas? Ideas other than "they needed to have the silver ranger connect with her" because that could have been done way differently, not to mention, he shows up with roses to meet her at their "date" and with one finger she blasts the hell out of him and his flowers, not even trying to hurt him, and he was all messed up....
TitaniumRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/15, 11:40 PM   #2
Power Sentai
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Astronema and Zhane

Astronema was just shocked and taken by surprise. It can happen to anyone. She had a moment where she just lost control and Zhane was there to save her.
Power Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/15, 11:42 PM   #3
Astronema
Power Ranger

I agree, it was weird that Astronema couldn't defend herself. I guess she could have been startled but that seems weak for one of the best villains in PR history. It was kinda disappointing that Zhane had to save her like some damsel in distress. Luckily she stood up for herself when she got stood up. Too bad she didn't use her powers against the bull.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/15, 11:43 PM   #4
VR Master
Power Ranger

She just never expected the monster to turn on her like that. She was completely surprised. Zhane jumped in right way...Maybe she would have been able to defend herself in the end if their was no Zhane.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/15, 09:54 AM   #5
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Well to be honest I was in for a surprise that episode.
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/15, 11:21 PM   #6
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

I guess even Astronema isn't perfect.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/15, 11:23 PM   #7
Dinoguy
Putty Patroller

They were such a randomly put together couple. I hated that episode . It made little sense for a villain to be romancing a Ranger.
Dinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 08:56 PM   #8
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Yeah that part of it was pretty dumb. Also the part where they were both love struck. I mean come on, Astronema was evil? Its the same dumb logic they used in Time Force when Nadiera fell for Lucas. Of course at least there Lucas didn't share her feelings. Funny since both dumb plots were part of great seasons.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply