Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/22/15, 03:06 PM   #1
prsmith
Putty Patroller

Default Did you like the Zeo episode,"It Came from Angel Grove?

This is probably my favorite episode of the season. Sure no ranger action was involved but that's what made it so different. It was how the whole cast got to act out different classic monster movie characters while Adam got to experience each one in his dream. As a kid I liked it during Halloween time but it's a guilty pleasure episode and you get to see a different side to everyone acting wise.
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:06 PM   #2
Oceanblue
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Did you like the Zeo episode,"It Came from Angel Grove?

This is one of my go-to episodes when I feel like watching the Zeo cast and their great chemistry with one another. It also helps that I'm a sucker for old-school monster movies, Halloween specials, etc. But yeah, this episode always stood out to me in a very good way.
Oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:07 PM   #3
ShinySephiroth
Putty Patroller

I remember growing up and freaking out that Zedd and Rita showed up again. I hoped from there on they'd come back and I wasn't disappointed! That is, until Turbo.
ShinySephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:09 PM   #4
Peter
Putty Patroller

What I loved about MMPRs3 was that the writing/creative team had finally figured out how to use the Japanese footage to tell their own stories, and explore their own world.

What I adored about Zeo was that the writing/creative team collectively seemed to say, "Screw it, let's do whatever the hell we feel like."

Which gave us a long line of concept episodes, where they gave the audience something totally left-of-centre, a twist on the typical "Power Rangers" conventions that still made for fabulously entertaining episodes.

My favourite out of the bunch (and one of my favourite episodes of all time, without question) was "Instrument of Destruction" (it was Power Rangers meets Phantom of the Opera, and I loved every second of it) ... but I agree with everybody else.

"It Came From Angel Grove" was a lovely, lovely episode. It was interesting and funny and different, and played with PR's formula. Like Adam, I assumed that the professor was Billy, but of course, it wasn't, Billy was the mad Dr Frankenstein-expy (which actually makes a lot more sense, if you think about.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:10 PM   #5
Kyle16
Putty Patroller

I loved it. I kinda wish some aspects were considered canon, like the evil zordon.
Kyle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:12 PM   #6
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Technically, evil Zordon is canon, just that most people convinced themselves he was good anyway.

That was also my favorite part, BTW.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:13 PM   #7
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

I watch this episode every Halloween as tradition.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:13 PM   #8
Oceanblue
Putty Patroller

I watched it last Halloween and I think I'm gonna do the same every year from now on. =) Along with a few of the other Halloween-esque episodes of Power Rangers (there doesn't seem to be that many, though).
Oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:17 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

It was creative and different but I personally was never crazy about dream episodes. So I can't say it was one of my favorites. Not really an episode I feel like I need to watch again.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/15, 04:01 PM   #10
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I felt it was a good break from all the action-centered episodes and main plot line. It let the show have a good moment of "Hey guess what? Its fun time!" Plus Adam being the main protag of the episode was a nice break from Tommy-central eps, you know?
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply