Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/30/15, 05:36 PM   #1
Peter
Putty Patroller

Default Not feeling the movie at all

Am I the only person who just doesn't ... care about this movie? Like, at all?

Like, okay. Maybe I'm completely underestimating the fanbase, or general appeal of a PR movie, but whenever I look at this thread, I feel like asking, "Do people really believe that PR has the same nostalgia or longevity that the Transformers or the Ninja Turtles have, that they can pump a hundred million into a new independent movie ... that'll probably have so much digital effects that we may as well be watching a cartoon ... and it'll actually be popular or successful?"

I know I don't.

And I just can't get my head around that idea. A big part of me (for the sake of argument, let's say, over fifty percent) just expects that, director or not, the movie will end up falling into development hell for the next decade, and then quietly fade away into oblivion. In fact, part of me hopes for that, because every time we get a new script-leak (and this time, it's totally for real and authentic!!1!), they all sound horrible.

My emotional investment in this movie is just, zero. I literally don't care whether it gets made or not. It just means nothing to me. "OMG there's a new Power Rangers movie!!1!" And? So what? I probably won't even see it (and this is where the, "Oh you're just being silly because you'll totally see it when it comes out!" crowd makes themselves known. Like how I said I didn't want to see "Transformers 4", and I didn't? Or how I didn't want to see "TMNT", and I didn't? Or how I don't want to see the new "Fantastic Four" movie, so I won't? And "Batman versus Superman" is entirely dependent on one particular spoiler, because if that spoiler turns out to be true, then I'll be avoiding that one like the plague as well).

And maybe this is me betraying the brand, but I don't get why they'd even want to make this. If this actually gets made, and it comes even close to breaking even, let alone making a profit ...

... honestly, I'd be incredibly shocked.

So let's bring on the next stupid script being leaked so everyone can rage about. It's like, does it even matter?
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/15, 05:37 PM   #2
falconranger11
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Not feeling the movie at all

To us millennials and those of us who aren't ashamed that we grew up in the 90's in an era of Power Rangers, Nickelodeon, Bruce Timm's DC cartoons, the Marvel animated series-verse, Gargoyles, Captain Planet, then yes. I don't see why the nostalgia of the 80's is more valid than the 90's.
falconranger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/15, 05:39 PM   #3
JNTA123450
Putty Patroller

I'd definitely say Power Rangers is on par with TMNT.
JNTA123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/15, 11:49 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't see how it is farfetched at all. Power Rangers is already a long running brand. The show was on the air for several decades before it went on hatius. A break that was only one year. Power Rangers toys have been on toy shelves for a long time. Power Rangers is absolutely an evergreen brand that isn't going to die. If a franchise like Transformers can support a blockbuster movie franchise than so can PR. With all the superhero movies out it will fit right in. Heck before the original superman and batman movies, I am sure those brands were thought of as kid friendly only. Is there a senario where this movie bombs? Sure there is for most movies when they get made. But I also think its very plausible that it will succeed.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/15, 11:20 PM   #5
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

I don 't like how the movie is a reboot. I want everything in continuity. I hate that Movie one isn't in continuity.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 06:05 PM   #6
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

I think the movie should do quite well. The nostalgia is there and superhero movies are really big. They won't have a lot of competition in January.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/15, 08:54 PM   #7
Khan's Wrath
Ranger In Training

I wish they would have got the original cast back together and do it original Star Trek movie style. Would have been much more fun. Ivan Ooze could have come back.
Khan's Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply