Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/07/14, 04:28 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Disney buys Marvel Comics

As reported just about everywhere on the web, Disney has bought Marvel Comics. Which means it now owns all the Marvel Characters and Marvel Studios. This is a pretty huge deal. Makes a lot of sense. Since Disney can finance Marvel Studios and have control over the characters for there own projects. Now Disney has a comic book company to rival Time Warner's DC Comics.

I don't know if this will effect Power Rangers at all. But since Disney owns the brand , its possible. Thats why I made this thread in this section and not Off Topic. It would be great if Marvel Studios got control of the Power Rangers franchise at some point. You never know.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/14, 04:29 PM   #2
PeasAndCorn
Comic Relief

Default Re: Disney buys Marvel Comics

For a film franchise, you mean? I'm presuming you don't mean in comic book format.

Hmm... it could work... though it could just totally suck, Marvel's universe is quite a different one to the PR one.
PeasAndCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/14, 04:30 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah I meant film franchise. Thats why I said Marvel Studios. I don't mean the movie franchise would be in the Marvel Universe. Just that Marvel Studios could be a good production company to produce it someday.

Ironically, Marvel actually did Power Rangers Comics during MMPR. A Power Rangers comic would be nice. But I don't know if it is feasible. Print Comic Books aren't doing very well anyway.

But if you want to go further back , Stan Lee at one point wanted to buy Super Sentai footage and produce a children's show in America before Saban had the idea. Marget Loesh was invovled in that ( who ended up being the President of Fox Kids that got behind Saban's MMPR pitch). There was also a Spiderman theme Tokusatu that Toei produced around that timeframe. Just funny to think back on.

Like I said this could mean nothing for Power Rangers at all. It just seems that Power Rangers would fit better as a subsiderary of Marvel then of Buena Vista ( which is owned by Disney of course) like it is now. That is whenever something is done with the brand again.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/14, 04:31 PM   #4
bluewaterranger
Putty Patroller

if they do ranger comics they probaly do different kind of storylines apart from the series
bluewaterranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply