Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/27/12, 02:58 AM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Amit Bhaumik's Lookback on Forever Red

Hey. I came across this link over at rangerboard and it's an interesting read. Amit Bhaumik typed it out because it's been almost 10 years since Forever Red first aired on TV.

Amit Bhaumik's Lookback on Forever Red

Personally I'm glad they didn't go with the idea of resurrecting Dark Specter. Since Zordon is dead, Dark Specter should stay dead as well. However I wouldn't have a problem with them reusing his suit and just saying it was someone related to Dark Specter.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/12, 11:53 AM   #2
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Amit Bhaumik's Lookback on Forever Red

It seems as though they were never going to have a big Megazord battle. I would've loved to have read his opinion on Cole using the motorcycle to destroy Serpentera. Would've have been interesting to see what his thoughts on it were.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/12, 12:50 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Actually there were plans for one but it was going to be too expensive. Most of the zord suits they received had been damaged due to not very good upkeep on the stuff.

So they would have needed to do everything with CGI shots and considering that would have been 10 zords, it was going to be extremely expensive.

The Wild Force Rider issue happened because Disney didn't want to pay for it all. Bandai was willing to pay for it but they said they needed to use 1 of their toys in the episode in an important way. I don't know if they said the toy had to be responsible for destroying an enemy though.
Old 06/01/12, 09:38 AM   #4
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

If the suits were even there anymore. I remember you mentioning at some point that alot of the suits were destroyed previously. Maybe even the fact that besides Serpentera, there was no other mech. Hell, Astro-Megaship II transforming into the second incarnation of the Astro Megazord would have been sufficient.

And Yeah. I knew about the whole Toy thing with Bandai. But I would've just liked it if Amit gave his view on writing the toy into the episode. Obviously, he seems very passionate about PR (shown by his motivation to write an article on it), I assume he would would have been slightly bugged as was I and I'm sure alot of others were, that something at the start of PR that Zordon was afraid would destroy the world and was even too powerful for the Power Rangers was wiped out by a freaking motorcycle.
Old 06/01/12, 01:46 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
If the suits were even there anymore. I remember you mentioning at some point that alot of the suits were destroyed previously. Maybe even the fact that besides Serpentera, there was no other mech. Hell, Astro-Megaship II transforming into the second incarnation of the Astro Megazord would have been sufficient.
Not necessarily destroyed, just damaged beyond repair.
Indeed, using the Astro Megazord Mark II would have been but I'm thinking the only zord suits that might have been still usable were Time/Shadow Force Mode Blue, the Q-Rex suits.... and of course they could have opted for using Animus since they did receive the Animus suit.

Quote:
And Yeah. I knew about the whole Toy thing with Bandai. But I would've just liked it if Amit gave his view on writing the toy into the episode. Obviously, he seems very passionate about PR (shown by his motivation to write an article on it), I assume he would would have been slightly bugged as was I and I'm sure alot of others were, that something at the start of PR that Zordon was afraid would destroy the world and was even too powerful for the Power Rangers was wiped out by a freaking motorcycle.
Good point. On his article, he did leave an email button for people to ask him questions at.
Old 06/02/12, 07:12 AM   #6
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Yeah. At the end of the day. they probably didn't even need suits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&f...&v=YBtBqmYpM4o

Apparently, this was taken from Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai. They really just took old archived Zord Footage from each previous season and used it to their advantage in the battle. Even if they didn't have the old suits, it wouldn't have been that difficult to use the footage that Toei had most likely already put infront of them.
Old 06/02/12, 01:20 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Precisely but they would have needed to do it themselves since they weren't gonna be using anything from Gaoranger vs Super Sentai.
Old 04/22/14, 06:15 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

since if they would've went with using footage from Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai then they would've needed to buy the rights to it since those rights weren't included with the usual Sentai rights.
Post New ThreadReply