Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/01/14, 09:26 PM   #1
TZMhero
Shadow Ranger

Default Operation Overdrive One Of The Best

Operation Overdrive is one of the best PR series ever. Mack, spoiler alert, being a robot was one of the most interesting parts of the series. It was a recreation of the Pinocchio storyline, and it really showed the idea that... it wasn't until he had already lost his humanity, did he actually cherish it. You have Will, the recovery expert, who has the innate ability to not only be a leader in training, but he's enough of a role model that Taizon takes after him. We have Dax, the man who stands in the shadows of giants, who is never noticed. Then theres yellow and pink.

A great series, if you are able to muscle your way passed the gag reflex.
Old 11/01/14, 09:34 PM   #2
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Default Re: Operation Overdrive One Of The Best

The. Worst. Season. Ever. I wish it never came to be. Too many plot holes, footage mistakes, script mistakes... The only good thing about this season is "Once a Ranger". But even that wasn't done the way it was supp
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/14, 09:39 PM   #3
Zeno503
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Operation Overdrive One Of The Best

I actually enjoyed the theme song. And not just a little, I downloaded it.. Yeah I know the shift in music was an odd one and one that just seemed like PR (or the execs at Disney) were selling out to what they felt was "popular" which is of course rap. But I will say this, I hated it at first but then I had a nice long chat with my good pal Kilian who actually enjoyed the theme and I was flabbergasted. I asked him what it was he liked, and he couldn't really finger it but he summed it up this way, "The power ranger fan in me hates it. But the inner black guy in me think it's pretty catchy". Him being a fan of alternative, hip-hop, and some rap (although he's canadian) he would I guess have a better taste than I do (nothing but metal) and well I listened to it more and more and I began to like some parts about it. Particularly the little trumpet noises, (lack of a better idea of what the instrument could possibly be, maybe keyboard set to trumpet), at around 0:03 into the song and through out the song as well. And also whenever I hear "GO" in any power rangers theme I guess I have to sing along. The theme has a strange sound with the guitar sound still in there but it's quite ignored. I think it sounds nice. The lyrics are what slightly get to me but then again I see this season as the "almost Indiana Jones" type series, looking for the corona aurora and all (although I'm sure good ol' Indy would've found them long before the rangers would). So the lyrics, the first part "Like five fingers reaching for the sky in five ways". What do you have in the skies sometimes throughout the day or night? An Aurora. The Corona Aurora. The five fingers obviously the rangers, and their goal is to find the pieces of it. But it's impossible for a single person to "reach the sky", um I guess not a perfect metaphor for the difficulty finding the jewels, but I feel it's a good one nonetheless. "Five ways" through "Five rangers walking through the sun for five days" they lost me there. I guess they couldn't find a good rhyme and consulted with a Dr. Seuss book. But after I feel the song gets good.

"Dark forces leaving evil where they roam. Five Rangers looking for the same five stones". I wouldn't mind that lyric if they had said something like, "Dark forces wreaking havoc where they roam", or something cause you just don't leave evil lying around the floor, give the guys some credit (although if they had left behind that annoying yeti character I wouldn't have protested). And yeah the five rangers are looking for the same five stones, I mean they're not each assigned a specific stone, at least I believe they don't I didn't get very far with this series, so if the blue ranger happened to find the red stone it's alright cause they're all looking for them. "Go go go go go go go ....*little trumpet noise*" I love that and I don't care (: "There's some treasure to be found, there's some lives to be saved. A planet to look after, there's a WHOLE lot of space", although obvious, it still goes with the theme. They're people recruited for embarking on a journey to find these jewels that can be anywhere around the world and of course they're power rangers so they have to help anyone in need as well. It just fits, although I guess the argument is that the song sounds bad but I don't think a song sounds bad if it fits. And I'll admit the OO theme is a guilty pleasure of mine, I can at least defend why instead of "I hate it cause it's rap".

"Good vs. Evil, we got heroes on the scene. Power Rangers Overdrive is the number one team", *cough RPM is better cough*, they top it off with just a good optimistic, considerably pompous, ending which is "WE'RE THE POWER RANGERS AND WE'RE GONNA SCREW YOU HARD!" I just like it. And I'm probably sure that I'm the only one who will ever post this much about the OO theme song ever in the history of ranger fandom ever but yeah someone who will actually stick up for the theme! Except unless some kid happens to write a really long hate letter about it, then I'll move over.

The series had a lot of potential, I mean really...A LOT! The man basically gathered up the cash and sponsored his own team of power rangers!! THAT'S SO AWESOME! Too bad they suck though... This could've been an awesome, country exploration, action-packed, Indiana Jones, type of ranger series but what we got was a yellow ranger whose weapons were big blocks of cheese and a water gun...
Post New ThreadReply