Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/02/15, 05:51 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Your fandom history

Give you're personal fandom story here. How you joined the online fandom...Basically a history of your invovlement..
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/15, 05:53 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Your fandom history

I used to go to PRC a lot. I lurked at rangerboard. But then I discovered this site and started to post here.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/02/15, 06:16 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

I didn't have a compiuter at home in the early days of pr. So anytime I had accesses.to one with internet I would usually try to find prwebsites. Usually to try and find news. I believe I went to Astro Ranger's site, PRC, the original PRO, Morphing Grid, and PROA. I also.v gisited some cast sites. In 2000 , I finally got.l.my own compjter and was able to visit PR sites anytime I wanted.

I mainly hung around PRC and PRo. I began using their coolboard message boards. It wasn't long before they moved to ezboard. I was a full time member of.l the fanfom. at.this point. I even visited the newsgrou sometimes since I had aol. I followed PRC Board. into the Rangerboard era. This became my main board of choice for quite a few years.

I worked on a fan fiction series with Delta Red that reimagind Lightspeed Rescue. I wrote episode summeries.and Delta turned them I to full stories. He series was never finished.

In 2004 I discovered that the PRO Ezboard was still online. I became facisnated with bringing the board back. I decided to start a website to promote the board. Which quickly expanded into covering the pr series. The name of the site was Power Rangers Online Database. in a year I got permission to use the PRO name and changed the name of the site to Power Ranger Online. I also gained full ownership of the board. After ezboard was hacked I decidd to open an invision free. A few years after that I moved to vbulletjn. Over the years I rebraneded that board and reopened the ezboard. But I eventually combined everything and returned PRO to vbulletin

I also started to pay attention to prn, pre, ranger talk a little bit. I became pretty active on rangercrew when it first started and even was a mod their briefly. I still visit rangerboard ,PRE, Rangervision, and Rangecrew but nowadays my focus is here. I am also an admin at Rangertalk.
Old 06/03/15, 07:36 PM   #4
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

i started with MMPR when I was a kid back in Illinois. I kept up with it after the move to Kansas, but got lost after Zeo because I never saw the Turbo movie til years later, and I was all 'who are THESE guys?' I lost track of In Space and caught eps here and there, same with Lost Galaxy...then I stopped watching until I was able to see Time Force, watched some Wild Force, then stopped altogether because of school and personal life.

Announcer: YEARS LATER..... I found out about every single PR season on Netflix, so I sat down and I watched every.single.episode. I was able to blaze through MMPR in three weeks, and worked my way to halfway of Lightspeed Rescue, and took a small break.

Then I plowed from LR to RPM. I had trouble with Mystic Force, as its my least favorite season. After I saw Samurai and wept...then wept harder at MF/SMF, but am very satisfied with Dino Charge.

I found Rangercrew and joined, I think i found out about it from Facebook, cannot remember. I posted my PR Legacy story there, and PRX pmed me asking me to join Pro-board, so I did. Then I posted the story here, and ended up enjoying the discussions we have on various topics.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/15, 07:51 PM   #5
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

I found out about the online PR fandom between the off-season of DT and SPD. I joined back in mid-SPD. I was *this* close to almost choosing RangerTalk as my first PR board but eventually pick RangerBoard. What motivated me to join was when Dismissed had aired and I was reading a theory tying in SPD's foundation with the events of C2D and I was just amazed by the amount of thought fans were putting into the show and I wanted to be a part of that.

I stuck with RangerBoard until the end of Mystic Force when I started floating around to the other members of then Big 3: RangerTalk and Power Rangers Empire. I also lurked Henshin Justice Unlimited. I mostly hung out on RT and PRE because I felt those sites had a much more relax atmosphere to them compared to RB (This was during the Kalish era, not a good time to be joining the PR fandom). I also joined some of the lesser PR forums at the time (You know, the ones on Invisionfree, usually only had 3 members online at a time, 5 if you're lucky), but RT and PRE were my main hangout points.

It was towards the end of Operation Overdrive that word broke out about this new PR forum called RangerCast, different from the podcast Rangercast, which is a good thing it did because it was around this time PRE and RT were going downhill. PRE would keep dying and coming back, dying and coming back, dying and coming back so many times it was ridiculous. With RT, you could kinda see the rot starting to appear with how lax the moderation was on the site. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the board owner decided to reboot the entire site, removing all the threads and posts on there, without telling ~anybody~. Not even the site's mods even knew about it.

His reason being was because there was a argument going on in one thread that made him want a clean start. But, we rebuit all of our old work and just when we finally settled in, the board owner restarted the site again. And this kept going on, restarting the site over and over again. Trying to give it a different name, a different focus, devoting to a different franchise. Each reboot an attempt to rebuild RangerTalk back it's former glory, but only resulted in causing the site's memberbase to leave in droves and go to RangerBoard and the renamed RangerCrew.

I lurk the site occasionally, and while I do agree it's in better hands, the previous owner's actions basically hurt it in a way it never recovered from and now it's a shell of it's former self.

Since then, I've made RangerCrew my home, but I was invited to check this place out.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/15, 11:25 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Websites crashing or rebooting can really do a number on a site or message board. People get fed up.and move on. And once the place is dead you are pretty much starting from scratch. And building a message board is pretty.hard in this day and age. I've been trying to build this one for over ten years now in various forms lol. Having some real success this year though.

How did you join the staff of Rangercrew? Your basically second in command right?
Old 06/05/15, 04:54 PM   #7
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Yeah, thanks to the uprise of social media, fanboards have taken a bit of a hit. There once was a time where it was hard to simply find A place to talk about your favorite TV shows. Now all you have to do is 'Like' a Facebook page devoted to it/follow a twitter account and/or hashtag that show/tag or follow a blog on Tumblr to meet other fans. That being said, RB and RC are still chugging along but even HJU has slowed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
How did you join the staff of Rangercrew? Your basically second in command right?
By being damn good at what I do.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/15, 06:49 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. CD View Post
Yeah, thanks to the uprise of social media, fanboards have taken a bit of a hit. There once was a time where it was hard to simply find A place to talk about your favorite TV shows. Now all you have to do is 'Like' a Facebook page devoted to it/follow a twitter account and/or hashtag that show/tag or follow a blog on Tumblr to meet other fans. That being said, RB and RC are still chugging along but even HJU has slowed down.

By being damn good at what I do.
Yeah but the problem with social media is that its usually more of a quick comments and its harder to navigate through. It diffinitly is useful and has a place. Its just too bad the messages boards are taking a hit.

Good one lol
Post New ThreadReply