Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/19/21, 05:05 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Universal should acquire Malibu Comics

I would like to see Universal offer the Hulk films/rights and cash to Disney for Malibu Comics. That way Universal could launch their own Comic Book Universe and Disney gets something for an IP Marvel doesn't do anything with. Plus its not like Universal is gonna make any money on the hulk ip.

Universal needs IP for Peacock. They could revive Malibu Comics as a loss leader to mine IP for movies and tv/streaming series. They would have to bring in the right people and come up with a 10 to 20 year plan. And I don't think Disney would need to worry about a Malibu Cinematic Universe hurting theirs.

Maibu has Ultraforce, Nightman, and other ips. They could also make new characters over time. The possibilities are endless.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/21, 10:57 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Universal should acquire Malibu Comics

It might help Universal get the IP from Malibu Comics to create new superheroes movies or television series. That's what I think.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/21, 04:31 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

That would be cool.

Makes wish if that happened we would get a live action Ultraforce either as a tv show or a movie.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/21, 10:15 AM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Reading more on the subject, it seems that the reason the Malbu Characters aren't used has to do with royalty fees they would have to pay the creators. So anyone producing Malibu Comics Movies would have to be willing to pay the original creators. There could be more to the story too. It would be really cool if that universe could come back someday.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply