Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/03/14, 10:05 PM   #1
FluffyMastr
Shadow Ranger

Default Weird background things we didn't notice before

I got this idea as I was just up watching Power Rangers in Space again. I am on the second episode where we see the team morph for the first time. I noticed something.

The words:

Quote:
TIGHTEN UP REALITY GANGSTER
THROUGH IDIOT HEARING
KEEP FRUSTRATION CLEAR
PATIENCE OPEN AHEAD
GETTING AWAY WITH IT LEAD
SOME DISTANT MEMORY DROVE
GET THE MESSAGE
INDISCIPLINE ALL REMAINS
WISH DOUBLE EDITORIALS COVER
UNDER STRESS [not legible]
This seems like a lot of random words, but I noticed that it was the same words on all 5 rangers morphs, and with the word "idiot" in there, it brought it to my attention.

What are some more examples you can think of that either give a nod to the Sentai that the show is based off of, or are similar to random words during a morphing sequence?

The first one I can think of is in Wild Force when Danny and Max are having a fight, and Danny calls max on his growl phone. The phone says "Incoming: GaoBlack" as that is a nod to Gaoranger, the sentai that Wild Force is based off of.
Old 11/03/14, 10:06 PM   #2
Javert
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Weird background things we didn't notice before

This isn't really a sentai nod, as it's only in there because they are using the Sentai footage, but during Season 1 of MMPR, some of the weapons feature the words Zyuranger on them. The episode Gung Ho is where I noticed this.
Old 11/04/14, 09:45 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Took me forever to get what Cassie was saying when she tried to get Andros to go to Earth. She said NASADA so fast it was hard for me to make out.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/14, 12:08 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

PRangerX very true. In the case of the top 2 posts both things aren't really Sentai nods since they were both using Sentai footage.
Something that I would count as a Sentai nod is when they use a Sentai robot in the background or as a minor character since that isn't Sentai footage so they don't have to do that. I'll try to find a few screen shots of what I mean.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/14, 12:18 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

That little green guy was the robot helper in GoGoV but because they made the Miss Fairweather character for Lightspeed Rescue there was no need to have Mint as the new Alpha-like robot so they didn't bother with it except for sprinkling him in background scenes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mint.jpg (27.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11/02/17, 08:37 AM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Other things would've been the Sentai references in Dino Thunder not counting the Abaranger episode of course and some references in Dino Charge and Ninja Steel not always a background thing but sometimes it'd be a dialogue reference.
Post New ThreadReply