Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/27/14, 10:35 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Did saban do the right thing bringing back power rangers ?

This question is difficult to even for me to ask as i'm a staunch supporter of power rangers and big fan of it. I could not really see those bashing of power rangers in the forum. So that's why i have raised this question. Did saban do the right thing bringing back power rangers from its presumed death. After all it went off the air with a bang in 2009 with RPM. It was stellar season and people lauded power rangers for such a season to end. In 2011 saban reacquired the rights and started producing power rangers again which was a joyful news for all fans including me. But the string of seasons and episodes left us in bad taste. Although i liked samurai, but it was not at all a power rangers material we have been seeing for decades. And megaforce does not even deserve to be called power rangers season. It has literally made all the staunch fans irate and many normal viewers leave the show. The episodes we have been getting from 2011 does not even match the calibre of filler episodes of spd,rpm. Samurai,Megaforce are tarnishing the power rangers reputation. So the question for all of us is did saban do the right thing bringing back power rangers ? I'm going to vote for yes because there is still hope that dino charge in 2015 charges up and tells the world that power rangers is back and with judd lynn. 'I'm big fan of time force' there is no doubt they will definitely learn from the previous season mistakes
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/14, 11:04 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Did saban do the right thing bringing back power rangers ?

Yes they did do the right thing with bringing the series back from the dead. Yes Samurai and Megaforce were bad seasons but that doesn't mean all of the seasons will be, Samurai and Megaforce were just bad because of Tzachor who doesn't know how to do anything anymore but get himself fired and get himself even more hated by the masses.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/14, 07:39 AM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

I agree with Matt. Saban was actually pretty forewarded thinking with how he brought PR back. It's amazing he was able to get the franchise back. Getting a tv deal with Nick was also smart.

Plus he has done far more to promote the brand than Disney. Saban Brands brought us DVDs and inked streaming deals. The problem was more. On the production end.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/14, 10:03 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

No doubt, it is amazing he was able to get Power Rangers back especially since Disney had it and they're not ones known for selling things that they have.

Indeed it was smart of him to get a broadcast deal inked with Nickelodeon, sure a lot of us hate the episode limit that has been imposed on the series on a yearly basis but it was the best option to get the brand back out there after Disney practically killed it once Jungle Fury ended. (yes I know RPM existed but not to many people since it pretty much was in a 'to-be-dead' block.)

Indeed Saban has done a lot more to promote the brand than Disney ever did not to mention we've gotten DVDs out of Saban's new ownership plus streaming deals with Netflix and Hulu.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/14, 11:32 AM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah you have to take the best tv deal you can get. It's a good thing they didnt choose the hub.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:46 PM   #6
Charles RB
Putty Patroller

If you mean the right thing by the brand, well, the brand had been killed by Disney at the time and largely because Disney weren't interested in it anymore. Someone would have eventually brought it back because that's how franchises work these days, but Saban bringing it back means the brand's not dead now and it got all the old episodes (including Disney) on DVD and Netflix. Even though the new series suck like a black hole (save us Dino Charge), the better stuff is legally available for kids to see. That's definitely a good thing.

(It's also a good thing for the New Zealand production crew and for Bandai employees cos new Power Rangers = jobs)
Charles RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/14, 06:00 PM   #7
Kelly Power
Comic Relief

Diffinitly. Would be too much money left on the table if the show wasn't brought back.
Kelly Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/14, 11:59 AM   #8
Sentai Master
Ranger In Training

Whats the fun of having Super Sentai without Power Rangers? Especially for those of us in the west. It was great that Saban brought it back.
Sentai Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/14, 12:06 PM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

The only Neo Saban Series I love is Super Megaforce ....But I would still rather have PR than no PR. I am glad Saban brought Power Rangers back.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/14, 09:51 PM   #10
VR Master
Power Ranger

I think they should have waited a few years to get fans excited again. It was a little too soon for me.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply