Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/23/14, 05:20 PM   #1
danlav05
Shadow Ranger

Default What do people think of Amit Bhaumik and his ideas? Potential comic ideas

The question's in the title - Hexagon was a fascinating but ambitious idea. There was a lot of stuff in the Zordon Era that didn't get closure and Amit wanted to give that.

Forgetting the idea of the Hexagon base/Ranger Academy he wanted to bring back several villains that were not destroyed by Zordon's Energy Wave such as Prince Gasket, Archerina, Lokar and Scorpina. I would like to see a comic or GN utilizing some of these ideas; filling the gap as well for TJ, Jason and Tommy showing what they were up to and how they got their Turbo/Zeo/MMPR powers back. That would be cool - now you can include others as we see practically everyone in the Legendary Battle. The Zeo Crystal was never known to be destroyed.

Yes some gaps are meant to be left open but there is potential I think for a major Power Rangers story taking place on multiple worlds, maybe set during Lightspeed Rescue? Of course with Tommy's story you'd have to somehow connect with Dino Thunder. Also we know from Forever Red that Jason may have come across the Silver Guardians.

As for post-DT, well I keep mentioning Bat in the Sun; JDF has said in an interview that he wants to cover Tommy in the 10 years after Dino Thunder so maybe that's out of bounds.

Another thing I'd like to see done, maybe set a bit down the timeline is the Return of Zordon. I need not mention a certain fanfilm but it would be nice to somehow have him back.

Would these ideas be anything people would like to see?
Old 10/23/14, 08:41 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: What do people think of Amit Bhaumik and his ideas? Potential comic ideas

It entirely depends on the ideas that you're referring to. Hexagon was a great idea in concept but the whole war thing between one side of Rangers and another side of Rangers was a bad thing that he had thought up. Rangers are all about teamwork, they're not about fighting each other. Its main goal is to ensure that the planet Earth is peaceful.

It'd be nice to have some closure on villains that might not be gone though such as Goldar, Scorpina, Lokar, Master Vile, Incisorator and Impostra to name a few.

I wouldn't want Zordon to return since he should stay dead so his sacrifice wouldn't be in vain but I would like a prequel story involving him and Rita.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/14, 10:02 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: What do people think of Amit Bhaumik and his ideas? Potential comic ideas

They're o.k. I'm just not too fond of how he thinks a lot of his ideas are supposed to be any more official then other people's fan fiction just because he was an actual writer on the show once.

There's parts of the Hexagon idea I like such as two ranger teams with different approaches to being Power Rangers, and Tommy, and Jason being the mentors.

But I'm not sure that I like the idea of Tommy going mad with power, and becoming a bad guy, or the Red Ranger being a past villain's son, and becoming a bad guy because you can't fight fate.

His Samurai idea sounds good but then again Samurai was one of those seasons even I think I could have done better.

Not sure what I think of his Go Buster/Energy Chasers idea because on one hand it sounds like it's just him trying to throw random continuity references even if they don't make sense but on the other hand I'm not sure what I would come up with since I don't want to make Go Buster: the American version but I'm not sure what else I would do.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/14, 05:33 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I really think a lot of his Hexagon NS ideas would have been paired down. Amit had to answer to Jonathon and the suits. That was pretty clear in Wild Force that he didnt always get his way. We saw this with Forever Red. So its very likely changes would have been made before the final product.

I like the idea of Hexagon. Its cool Doug considered it canon ( not the whole civil war part ) during his run as showrunner. I think Greg liked the idea too.

I also liked what i saw for the samurai storylines and goseiger outlines he did. I thought there were some good ideas there. We will never know what their finished product would have looked like.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply