Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/15/14, 11:15 AM   #1
CanadianRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Thoughts on Samurai and Megaforce

Haven't finished watching Super Megaforce through, seen up to Power of Six. I really enjoyed Orion's debut episodes, finally a character we've learnt something about. I think had the transition between Megaforce & Super Megaforce been smoother, more anniversary tributes & cameos throughout all 40 episodes, it would have given the series a more unified feel rather than just the same actors wearing the same clothes, talking to the same tiki head. I'll reserve full judgement of the series until I've seen all 40 episodes, but where it stands now I'd give this series a 6.8/10

Samurai, I feel has been the most awkward season of the 4 & started off this new era with a poor tone within the audience. At its debut I was null interested in the Power Rangers, having only my old toys & VHS tapes as a reminder of my childhood nostalgia. Hearing about Saban's Samurai is what lead me into the fandom. Not because I thought the show was the greatest season of PR ever, but because I saw young kids in toy aisle's being stoked over Jayden. In short what I'm getting at here, is that the Samurai series did what it needed to do & that was to rejuvenate the brand. As a 40 episode series it felt cohesive & from start to finish told a pretty decent store arc. Yes, the villains were pretty boring besides Deker & Serrator. Yes, Kevin's acting was horrible. But overall it all worked out, it not only brought back the brand but it also got better as it went along 7.5/10

I look forward to catching the complete 40 episode series of Megaforce with a positive outlook trying not to critique it too harshly. I'm already let-down beyond words as far as an anniversary series goes, but in the least, enjoying the show for what it is keeps things healthy. I know, the fan fiction required to be content with the Megaforce story is incredible & is not a task one should inscribe with a negative mindset. You'll eat yourself alive like a suicidal zombie in a binge eating contest... there's a simple explanation for that.

I hold strong feelings that Dino Charge will be be the fifth-20 episode season, as well as the best!
CanadianRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/14, 04:41 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Thoughts on Samurai and Megaforce

Samurai did the best with the Sentai series it was adapted from, but it was a shadow of that series. Megaforce's big mistake was to combine 2 Sentai series into one. I hope that dino change would do a better job at being a Power Rangers series.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply