Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/15/14, 08:06 PM   #11
SolidTitania
Shadow Ranger

Default Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Well, I thought this ep was the best!! I loved every single bit including the short scene with usagi's family and rei's badass attitude in the princess flashback part. The reunion with Queen, it was so cute and teary. The animation was spectacular and gorgeous backgrounds of the silver millennium and earth garden. Really dope moon healing esc attack, I replayed many times. Good pacing!!!
Old 11/15/14, 08:07 PM   #12
SmallLadySerenity
Shadow Ranger

I'm not saying I hated the episode or anything. I'm re-watching it now and finding elements I didn't notice the first time around.

I loved how Queen Serenity continuously refers to Sailor Moon specifically as 'Serenity'. That actually did make me tear up a little. No matter what form Usagi takes, or how she looks, or if she changes in between reincarnations....

She will always be 'Serenity' to her. She is still her precious baby girl after all these millions of years.

I also really enjoyed how they were in their adorable outfits from the opening sequence.

Holy Moon Sword!!!!!! AAAGH!! Yes!!!!

Loved the sequence where Mars has the "LOOK" on her face when they discover Serenity sneaking back into the palace.

Love the fact they expounded a little bit on the fact that Jadeite/Nephrite/Zoisite & Kunzite were all actually Endymion's guardians in the past.

Love the fact that they actually SAY that the Earth Kingdom and Silver Millennium were LITERALLY so far back in existence that after the kingdoms both fell, Earth literally had to begin its cycle of development all over again from complete scratch. (I.e. All this happened way before even dinosaurs existed, before even prehistory.)
Old 11/15/14, 08:09 PM   #13
Venus Love Whip
Putty Patroller

Send a message via ICQ to Venus Love Whip

This episode is wonderful... VERY OK!... :keke: :keke: :keke: Every parts of it the transforms, the reunion on the Moon, but the fight, Venus stopped them from fighting... The senshis didn't use all of their strength, I see they didn't I want to see Venus use Crescent Beam just for once... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: But I feel strange seeing other senshis in love with the Shitennou (as I remember Venus is the only one who in love with Kunzite, and he seems didn't care) but they were controlled by Beryl, SO CRUEL, BERYL! And Sailor Planet Attack wasn't a rainbow attack (combined 4 colors) as I imagined...but only blue, why not silver or white...? And it is not enough to purify or destroy the Shitennou... :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: :sadeyes: However, the loveing scene wasn't very long and and I'm so sad when see the senshis hold back and can't fight the one they love, WOAAAAAA! They was more cruel in the manga....
Venus Love Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/14, 08:16 PM   #14
1dbad
Shadow Ranger

Personally I enjoyed this episode. There was a lot of audio/color visual components to the manga chapter, so it was nice to be able to see and hear them in the actual episode. I also like what they did with the Four Kings. (minus the pairings) My biggest complaint (aside from missing a bit from the manga/not being as emotional as expected) would be how overpowered Sailor Moon is in this adaptation. It's an issue from the manga too, but being able to fly to outer space to do Moon Healing Escalation was...wow.
Old 11/15/14, 08:18 PM   #15
Eric
Putty Patroller

Cons:

This episode wasn't as emotional and memorable as its 90's counterpart. The episode is certainly more tragic (it showed Princess Serenity stabbing herself), but it felt very dry. I believe this is because the score of the the 90's anime is excellent, whereas the score of Crystal is very bland and generic. In other words, the tragic scenes were there, but the scenes lacked the proper music and emotion.

Pros:
Senshi x Shitennou pairings.
Shitennou remembering their memories.
The moon sword.
Best battle scene I have seen in Crystal to date.

Oh and... now if the Shitennou either die or turn to stone, it'll be so sad. hdear:

_
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/14, 08:19 PM   #16
Sailor Pooh
Putty Patroller

I really loved this episode. I thought they had to rush certain things because they had to fit all of act MOON in 26 some-odd minutes. I thought Venus was the standout among the senshi and this is coming from someone whose favorite is Moon. They are definitely writing her as leader of the inners and that is nice for a change. I did hope somehow we would see the sword in action, but damn them lifting it all out together was epic.

I loved seeing Shitennou and senshi stand off and you can already see their powers combined are becoming more powerful.
And Moon going on with her bad self, Usagi is becoming a true leader healing the world and not crying all the time. She is growing up, as her parents were saying. Although that line was kind of funny considering it was said when she was fighting with Shingo over the video game. And I would hardly call Usagi spoiled considering her mom kicked her out of the house for getting bad grades :P

This episode does deserve a re-watch but overall there were so many things to enjoy about it.
Sailor Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/14, 08:21 PM   #17
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

You can tell how fast this show moves. Under normal anime rules, we'd have easily spent the whole episode just traveling to The Moon. This time, step in a fountain and boom. Then we'd have sent a second episode purely on backstory, where here we got everything we needed to know and more.

The Four Heavenly Kings also found out their past, and we force a battle that actually lasts longer than two moves. I'm still shipping Nephrite with Naru, but whatcha gonna do... And Sailor Planet attack? Really? I've seen better.

I found Luna's front paws in that console scene awkwar
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/14, 08:23 PM   #18
ranger_scout
Shadow Ranger

I absolutely loved the episode. What a twist that Zoisite, Kunzite, Jadeite, and Nephrite were knights of Prince Endymion's kingdom on Earth and that the Sailor guardians were in love with them. The history of the Moon Kingdom and Princess Serenity and Endymion's original deaths were fascinating as well. It's so great to have Sailor Moon back in my life.
ranger_scout is offline Report Post
Old 11/19/14, 03:18 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

I've been having volume problems with my computer so it took me awhile to get through this episode since I still kept on having issues with my volume but anyway besides that... I thought the episode was good.

I especially like the twist that the Sailor Soldiers are in love with the 4 Kings. I wonder which one fell in love with each King?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/14, 08:16 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Most likely

Jedite:Mars

Nephrite: Jupiter

Zoycite: Mercury

Kunzite: Venus
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply