Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/21/08, 03:54 PM   #21
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals
Which to me makes no sense given what we've actually seen, but they seem stuck on this whole "Red Ranger is the leader" nonsense. I liked how Overdrive never named Mack the leader of the team, because there really wasn't that dynamic.
Agreed, it's been completely psycho since Disney took the helm. Instead of looking for the team's strongest link, they just pick the guy with the red morpher. Taylor was overthrown by Cole for no apparent reason other than destiny, but I got over it since Cole was actually a great leader. I even let Jack slide, because he was all part of Cruger's plan to teach Sky respect. But Nick was completely unforgivable in a leadership role, right down to the finale.

Lily was the easy choice for leader this year. She knows more about Pai Zhuq than Casey, and she's not bipolar like Theo. >__>
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/08, 05:38 PM   #22
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Agreed, it's been completely psycho since Disney took the helm.
So we're supposed to ignore NS and DT? They handled it well. And LG? While not a Disney season, falls into the category of "Red Ranger is the leader cause he's wearing red." And then, Time Force kind of ignored Jen being the leader towards the end of the series in favor of the guy in red.

I don't think Mystic Force was that big of a deal because they were all ordinary teens in the beginning so they were pretty much on the same level. Despite disagreeing with Nick's judgement in the finale, I do really think he had a good leadership presence and it was destiny so I can accept that.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/08, 06:09 PM   #23
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals
So we're supposed to ignore NS and DT? They handled it well.
NS and DT are also examples of everyone being on equal footing. I only mentioned Cole, Jack and Nick because they all came along later than their peers, something which hardly occured until Time Force. And you pretty much make my point with that season, in that Jen was looked to for guidance until the team took note of someone else just as capable of leading them.

As far as Lost Galaxy's concerned, I don't remember anyone appointing Leo the leader, he just kind of walked into it. He wanted to do Mike proud, and he had a hand in a majority of the storylines even when they weren't specifically about him. He was a Ranger's Ranger.
Old 05/26/08, 11:35 AM   #24
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

Quote:
PRJF Episode 1619 - "Path of the Rhino"
Writer: Nico Manley (Mainly Once)
Dominic was sent out by Master Mao to find purpose for his life. He finds out that RJ and the others are really Power Rangers and he wants to join them. He now knows that this is his purpose in life. Casey is dubious but Dominic proves he has the spirit of the Rhino. Dominic becomes the Rhino Ranger.
^From the Ky guy. But... something doesn't sound quite right about the episode description. Perhaps the episode itself will be more fitting.
DarkBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/26/08, 02:58 PM   #25
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Why wouldn't Casey trust Dominic? He's friends with RJ, and RJ knows everything.
Old 05/27/08, 01:08 AM   #26
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Lily was the easy choice for leader this year. She knows more about Pai Zhuq than Casey, and she's not bipolar like Theo. >__>
Yet Lily's way too passive to be a leader.

The core three rangers have sucked this year.

This is the first time in PR history where the secondary characters are 100x better than the core rangers.
Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 03:00 PM   #27
orangefury
Putty Patroller

By mulitple ep descriptions, and from the fact that RJ is a master.
Whats with him having trouble being in control from his animal spirit?
I can see once, but over and over again...
orangefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/08, 03:20 PM   #28
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefury
By mulitple ep descriptions, and from the fact that RJ is a master.
Whats with him having trouble being in control from his animal spirit?
Dai Shi screwed it all up. It's obviously not going to be easy to fix.
Old 05/27/08, 04:07 PM   #29
orangefury
Putty Patroller

*shakes fist as Dai Shi*
but im sure RJ can handle it
orangefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/08, 08:33 PM   #30
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

Here's some pictures by Jason: http://www.jasonsmithonline.net/gall...s.php?album=26

AND:

Here's the best I could for for a resize:

DarkBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply