Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/31/06, 03:04 AM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AuroraManson@Mar 31 2006, 02:18 AM

I like mystic force.

If you think the power rangers should of ended already why the hell are you at a power rangers board?

Ignore its exsistance. I didn't know it was still running until my husband pointed it out to me. I stoped watching at mighty morphin.
There are some fans that miss the old days before cast and theme changes were done every year. They like to think of Power Rangers as one big continunity with references to the past thrown in on occasion. They don't want every season to basically be standalone like the Sentai has done.

Personally, I think it was inevitable. As switching to the Sentai Method was probably cheaper and more practical. Plus it solved the problem of replacing actors. Since PR isn't a show where anyone would want to preform on for too long. Boom, you get rid of the cast after the season is over and start over with a new team. This works fine since PR 's target audience stays with it for two years before they "grow out of it".

There have been plenty of seasons beyond Galaxy that have been worthwhiled. LR-SPD have each had their moments. My personal favorite was Time Force. I think PR can continue to go on strong for years to come as long as it is profitable and in the hands of people who understand it.

I do wish they would be more orginal and not copy the sentai plots so closely. Thats one thing Doug Sloan and Ann Austen ( Execultive Producers of those two seasons who one worked on MMPR-Turbo) tried to get away from in NS and DT.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/06, 04:56 PM   #12
AuroraManson
Putty Patroller

Even though I don't understand all the words in the post I agree. Although some people miss the orginal cast it can't stay like that forever just the natura of the show. I think some incarnations have been good and some have been crap. I haven't watched all of them but I can tell you that I think SPD sucks. Anyway, I think the changes in it keeps it alive, keeps it fresh and running.

Its kind of like fads gone by like Pokemon. Some probibly would say they shouldn't make anymore its no longer huge, or at the incarnation of what it was when it was big, but people still like it. I think thats what matters.
Old 03/31/06, 11:04 PM   #13
shift2turbo
Putty Patroller

i really think it all started to go down hill after turbo. thats when i lost intrest in it because it lost its natural touch as a good show. but you gotta love youtube.com with all the old episodes that they have.
shift2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/06, 01:32 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AuroraManson@Mar 31 2006, 09:56 PM

Even though I don't understand all the words in the post I agree. Although some people miss the orginal cast it can't stay like that forever just the natura of the show. I think some incarnations have been good and some have been crap. I haven't watched all of them but I can tell you that I think SPD sucks. Anyway, I think the changes in it keeps it alive, keeps it fresh and running.

Its kind of like fads gone by like Pokemon. Some probibly would say they shouldn't make anymore its no longer huge, or at the incarnation of what it was when it was big, but people still like it. I think thats what matters.
Yeah thats exactly right. A fad can't continue for very long it burns instelf out. Thats what happened to MMPR. However the franchise has still manages to be popular. And even became more creative in the process ( Turbo Season 2-Lost Galaxy was argubly the most creative period for PR). And other seasons since than have been very good and at the very least better than the first season.
Old 04/01/06, 01:38 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by shift2turbo@Apr 1 2006, 04:04 AM
i really think it all started to go down hill after turbo. thats when i lost intrest in it because it lost its natural touch as a good show. but you gotta love youtube.com with all the old episodes that they have.
I have to disagree with that. Space and Galaxy were some of the best written seasons in the show's history. Turbo laged at times during the first half, but its second half was needed to set up Space. Time Force was another good season that admittly copied Time Ranger heavly. All the rest of the seasons since than have had their strong points.

I like MMPR-Turbo but think Space-MF is more mature and better written. MMPR-Turbo is more like a popcorn movie. Its pure fun for for the most part. It was after this that the writting for PR improved and tried to tell more of a story. Sure NS-MF seem more childish than Space-WF at times, but it still has not reverted all the way back to MMPR camp levels.
Old 04/01/06, 04:17 PM   #16
felix_amadar
Putty Patroller

I wish that there was Season DVDs instead of those 5 episode ones you can get, like nobody is going to buy that, and it only started with Wild Force, and those had like 2 episodes in them, and I don't even know if half of the people here even know that it existed, but if you could buy a DVD set of like all of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, or MMPR Season 1, DVD set, and then MMPR Season 2, DVD set, and so on, for like all the seasons or at least the first 6, I know I would buy it for sure. I have tried hopelessly to find stuff like that, but they don't exist, the most I could find was a video of MMPR with ONE episode on it, thats all, and it is next to impossible to find it, so if anyone has connections to whoever sells or produces Power Rangers, please suggest this idea to them.
felix_amadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/06, 03:02 AM   #17
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to The Winged Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by felix_amadar@Apr 1 2006, 05:17 PM
I wish that there was Season DVDs instead of those 5 episode ones you can get, like nobody is going to buy that, and it only started with Wild Force, and those had like 2 episodes in them, and I don't even know if half of the people here even know that it existed, but if you could buy a DVD set of like all of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, or MMPR Season 1, DVD set, and then MMPR Season 2, DVD set, and so on, for like all the seasons or at least the first 6, I know I would buy it for sure. I have tried hopelessly to find stuff like that, but they don't exist, the most I could find was a video of MMPR with ONE episode on it, thats all, and it is next to impossible to find it, so if anyone has connections to whoever sells or produces Power Rangers, please suggest this idea to them.
I'm not the only one thinking the same thing. I wonder if we can get more who think the same thing, that maybe we can use it for something. Just a thought. It would be nice if they made sets like that, because I would like to see what all I missed between MMPR and NS.
The Winged Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/06, 03:05 AM   #18
Malachi
Putty Patroller

um all i got to say is if you have bittorrent go to www.mininova.org and search power rangers you can download a lot of the seasons there. Granted your not paying for them. YOu don't get a bunch of extra features but you do get the episodes.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/06, 03:31 AM   #19
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to The Winged Vampire

I won't get nailed for doing that, will I? Plus I'm on a cruddy dial-up connection and it sucks big time.
The Winged Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/06, 04:42 PM   #20
felix_amadar
Putty Patroller

Exactly, one of my points, if they don't put them on DVD, people are just going to get them illegaly, so they will make more money if they start selling them now. Instead of that Power Rangers: The Ultimate Rangers: The Best Of Power Rangers, with 1 or 2 selected episodes of 5 seasons, because after awhile, I got very bored of the same episodes over and over again.
felix_amadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply