Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11/17/14, 10:59 AM   #1
CaratCake
Putty Patroller

Default The Senshi and their incredible emotional stability

When I was watching SM the first time around I was thinking something along the lines of "Man, you really have to sympathize for Usagi a lot. This sweet child can't go one school year without seeing her best friends and/or significant other actually getting murdered (or close) by some extraterrestrial jerks trying to screw things up once again."

The Senshi have experienced wonderful things in their short lives as guardian soldiers, but they've also seen and gone through some really awful, traumatic things. If the story were more realistic to their emotions (which in a way it is, they are very complex characters imo), would they be able to cope with all of this? I feel like their awesome support system as friends helps a lot, but they're also teenagers...

I understand this is kind of the unrealistic beauty of superhero anime/any kind of show, but SM does have a big coming-of-age theme that are relatable. How would you guys maybe dig into this?
CaratCake is offline   Reply With Quote