Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/30/14, 09:50 PM   #1
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Default It's Not Just Power Rangers...

When you look at how bad the economy is, you have to wonder how they got to make more Power Rangers seasons. When you look at it, a lot of other kid's shows (if you can call Power Rangers that) aren't newly developed shows right now. Or, at least, not the ones on Saturday mornings on basic networks. Look at all the other shows on ABC. None of them are new or even new to the network. FOX completely got rid of their kid's shows and gave them to the CW. Mostly everything there is reruns of old shows. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was probably to expensive to continue, although if someone could explain to me why they cancelled it, that would help. Also don't know why it was on at the same time as Power Rangers. CBS shows exactly three kids shows on Saturday. NBC has six shows and they are from another network like how Disney Channel's shows are on ABC. So, do you think that when the economy improves, they'll be new Power Rangers?
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/14, 09:51 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: It's Not Just Power Rangers...

The economy diffinitly plays a role in all this. Also kid vid on broadcast tv has being on the down turn for years. It has shifted to cable tv.

The economy diffinitly played a role in the end of first run PR. But I think more things will have to happen then just an economy surge. But nostalgia can be a powerful thing.

Dragon Knight's cost wasn't the issue. It was already filmed way before CW Kids picked it up. Its just that the ratings were too low. And the toy sales weren't good either.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/14, 09:51 PM   #3
Orange Ranger
Ranger In Training

Regarding Kamen Rider, why did they put it on at the same time as Power Rangers? It's not going to do well up against that.
Orange Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/14, 09:52 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't recall Dragon Knight going head to heard with RPM. Unless I am forgetting something. But in any case it would have been a network decision by CW Kids.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply