Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/29/14, 07:16 PM   #11
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Should we need to depend on sentai footage only

Look its silly to think they are going to produce an America based season 100 percent. But to say PR is Sentai and that it has to be Sentai exactly is wrong. PR is an adaption of Sentai. It does its own thing too. That doesn't mean it can't borrow any idea from Sentai. But I think you are going to the extreme in the other direction
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:18 PM   #12
VR Master
Power Ranger

Voltron did make changes to Golion. They changed the diolouge and everything. Sure they used the same animation but thats a bit different from using live action. Voltron isn't Golion is an adaption of it.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:19 PM   #13
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I would like to see PR try and do a new MMPR but no Sentai. This would make the show more like it was back in season 2 and 3.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 08:41 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I would like to see PR try and do a new MMPR but no Sentai. This would make the show more like it was back in season 2 and 3.
no it wouldn't. Power Rangers was still using Sentai footage then as well notably in the case of Dairanger Gorma Monsters like Key Monster, Lipsyncher and Photomare but Beamcaster was another weird case since they shot original footage of Beamcaster but also decided to splice in some Dairanger shots of him in order to avoid needing to re-shoot his disappearing special effect as well as some of his Joker-esque bombs.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/15, 09:13 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
On one hand I don't think we should depend %100 on Super Sentai since I like original stories, villains, Battlizers, monsters, and Rangers.

But at the same time We can't make our own monsters, and Rangers without kitbashing old ones, and we can't make our own Zords, and Megazords yet plus I like it when they use every villain, and monster from the Super Sentai.

So I'm going to say an even 50/50 on that one.
actually I'm sure they could make their own monsters if they wanted to it just would be rather expensive to do which is why they just typically keep original villains to 1 or 2 evil leaders and the mooks.

Keep in mind they made the Ghost of Darkness, Wizard of Deception, Cimmerian Planet's Messenger even though he was just simply a pasted in head for the most part, the Skelekron Warriors, Black Knight, The Dragon that Wes destroyed, Vypra's Demons from Time Force, Omni, 2 other monsters in Space Patrol Delta and that's just going episode-of-the-day creatures.

I think they could make their own zord if they really wanted to there just isn't a need to do so since they've had the zord footage that they needed.

However I do agree that I prefer them using the Sentai suits in original footage since I like seeing that. I like knowing what suits they have during the production.
Old 03/14/15, 12:08 PM   #16
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

The american producers should just use the sentai footage as it is. There is no reason why they should they can do a better job with the Sentai. Stick to the civilian sense and let Sentai handle the action.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/15, 12:10 PM   #17
PRangerX
Administrator

Black Knight was original? Was the Zord battle?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/15, 12:11 PM   #18
Zordon's Legacy
Ranger In Training

Didn't know PR did so much original monsters back in the day. Lord Zedd was obvious.
Zordon's Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/15, 01:05 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
The american producers should just use the sentai footage as it is. There is no reason why they should they can do a better job with the Sentai. Stick to the civilian sense and let Sentai handle the action.
I completely disagree. Like I keep on saying if you want Sentai then watch the Japanese version. Power Rangers should never be an American version of Sentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Black Knight was original? Was the Zord battle?
There was no zord battle in that episode. Black Knight was the evil Knight that was trying to get to the Battle Fire and killed the White Knight in the process of trying to get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordon's Legacy View Post
Didn't know PR did so much original monsters back in the day. Lord Zedd eas obvious.
Yup that they did. They even recolored or fused some Sentai monsters to create semi-original monsters. To name just a few of them they were the Snow Monster in Storybook Rangers, Turkeyjerk also in Storybook Rangers, Repellator and of course Count Dregon's Plague Patrol. Some of their pieces on the 3 Plague Patrollers were original however.
Old 03/14/15, 04:32 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Oh I was thinking of Knasty Knight. I think I remember the Black Knight being original now.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply