Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/29/20, 12:08 PM   #21
Captain Logan Knows Best
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Super Megaforce Legendary Morphs

Just give the returning a little more character time. I think one of the problems was that the sentai footage was for a big opening battle. As a final battle was lacking and never felt like the stakes were high enough for all these Rangers to come back. But it would have helped if their returns didn't feel so shoehorned in.
Captain Logan Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/20, 12:44 AM   #22
Miki1988
Power Ranger

We can thank to Johnatan Tzachor for that. When Samurai came along, it was the start of the season 2 years = 40 episodes splitting. They had more than enough time to prepare themselves for the anniversarry season and that includes talking with Toei to skip Geosiger in favor of Gokaiger, invite cast members on time so they'd be more prepared and even write a much better anniversarry season. Gokaiger had the footage for them already, it was just a matter of using it since the most focus in that Sentai season is on the teams FROM Zyuranger ONWARDS: Ohranger, Carranger, Megaranger, Gingaman, GoGo V, Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricanger, Abaranger, Dekarager, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger - all those tribute episodes happened ON THE SHOW ITSELF and NOT in the 199 Heros movie.

I get why not use the footage from the 199 Heroes movie (rights and stuff), but not to use the footage that's basically MADE for your adaptation is completely unacceptable.

JT was lazy and the whole "creative team" he worked with. Even Samurai is, despite its flaws - better than the anniversarry season that we ended up getting.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/20, 12:48 AM   #23
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

The idea PR should basically be a dub of Sentai was insane. I know he did i to make production easier and not based on an obssession with Sentai...But he went way to far.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/20, 12:51 AM   #24
Tzachor Era
Ranger In Training

I think it was a smart move by Tzachor. Why go out of your way and produce original footage when its easier to closely follow Sentai? Especially when Sentai is so well done. I can't think of how Super Megaforce could have been any better?
Tzachor Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/20, 12:53 AM   #25
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

I can think of a million ways it could have been better. Some of which have already been dischssed in this thread.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply