Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/10/14, 05:30 PM   #1
kakarot
Putty Patroller

Default Ecliptor or Villamax?

Which noble warrior was better? Ecliptor or Villamax? I say Ecliptor by a slim margin. He was evil but he raised and cared for Astronema. I liked Villamax as well and I liked how in Journey's End he saved a little girl and refused to fight a crazed Trakeena. IMO he had the better sendoff.
kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 05:31 PM   #2
JustCallMeThePinkRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Ecliptor or Villamax?

If it weren't for his paternalistic devotion to Astronema, Ecliptor would be pretty generic. Villamax was more well rounded as a chivalrous and honorable evil warrior.
JustCallMeThePinkRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 05:31 PM   #3
Super Jeff
Putty Patroller

Its a tie for me, They both were great in their respective seasons. Ecliptor had the father devotion to Astronema and Villmax, I had a hard time calling him a villain because in the end he knew when Trakeena lost her way and tried to stop her. He died, but I felt like he died like a hero.
Super Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 11:24 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I always really liked Ecliptor. He made for a great villain but also was three demensional due to his live for Astronoma. Too bad he got the shaft in C2D. Villamax did have that very powerful death scene in the LG finalie.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/14, 11:46 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

I've enjoyed both but I think Ecliptor had the cooler story since he was built to be evil but his love for Astronema was overriding his evilness a bit and he was willing to let her go to the Rangers. Dark Specter tried to reprogram him as well but I don't believe it worked that well since you could still see Ecliptor's devotion to Astronema coming through.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 11:56 AM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I've enjoyed both but I think Ecliptor had the cooler story since he was built to be evil but his love for Astronema was overriding his evilness a bit and he was willing to let her go to the Rangers. Dark Specter tried to reprogram him as well but I don't believe it worked that well since you could still see Ecliptor's devotion to Astronema coming through.
I always thought it was odd that Spector programmed them to be loyal. Only for them to try and betray him not long after. I guess his programming worked better than he thought. Made them too evil.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/14, 12:01 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

No doubt about that and of course Darkonda was the one that ended up destroying him in the long run.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply