Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/16/12, 06:15 AM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Power Rangers Gokaiger Adaptation

NOTE: This thread is about the Power Rangers Adaptation of Gokaiger which means spoilers may come up within this thread so view this thread at your own risk.

Also let me remind people that attacking people and their opinions isn't allowed here. It's fine to disagree with someone but never attack another user's opinion regardless of how you feel about their opinion. You can share your opinion without calling it stupid, foolish, etc. Calling something stupid or foolish is flaming which isn't allowed here.

I was wondering what users here are hoping for in regards to this adaptation.

I do hope they try to get as many previous cast back as possible but such a thing won't be easy to do, not just because of the show currently shooting in New Zealand but also because of the show's non-union status.

Basically based on footage, provided they do try and get old cast back then the only ones that would make footage-reason sense would be Cole for Wild Force's grand power and of course the 3 Wind Rangers for Ninja Storm.

In regards to the other seasons, here are my picks.
MMPR = For Dino power, it would be Jason and for Thunder power, it would probably be Tommy.
Zeo, I would probably make it be Trey or Kat.
Turbo, I would go with T.J. or Phantom.
Space, I see Andros more as still traveling the universe so I would go with either Zhane, Cassie or Ashley.
Galaxy = My pick would be Leo but I can't see his actor ever agreeing to it due to Saban being the owner. So I would go with either of the girls.
Lightspeed = I would go with probably either Ryan or Dana.
Time Force = I would go with Jen.
Wild Force = As I said, my first pick would be Cole but my 2nd pick would be Taylor.
Ninja Storm = Already stated.
Dino Thunder = My first pick would be Kira however 2nd pick would be Trent.
SPD = 1st pick would be Cruger due to his current status. 2nd pick would be Sky. 3rd pick would be Bridge.
Mystic Force = First pick would be Daggeron. 2nd pick would be Leanbow.
Overdrive = First pick would be Mack. 2nd pick..... hmm..... probably Rose due to being the genius of the team.
Jungle Fury = First pick would be RJ. 2nd pick would be Lily.
RPM = This 1 is hard to decide. I would say Summer as my first pick but otherwise 1 of the twins.
Samurai = Right now my options would be either Antonio or Jayden.

Last edited by MattEmily; 02/16/12 at 08:40 PM. Reason: edited in a spoiler warning
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/12, 08:48 AM   #2
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Power Rangers Gokaiger Adaptation

MMPR - Jason for Sure.

Zeo - Gold ranger never really had Zeo Powers. They were 'Gold Powers'. I'd prefer either Rocky, Adam or Kat.

Turbo - Most of them have other powers. So my vote is Justin

Space - Andros and/or Zhane

Galaxy - Kai

Lightspeed - Ryan/Captain Mitchell/Fairweather

Time Force - Jen/Wes/Eric

Wild Force - It'll be Cole. No point hoping for someone else. Since she gave and took back the powers, I wouldn't mine seeing Princess Shayla possibly.

Ninja Storm - Team-up.

Dino Thunder - Kira

SPD - Bridge

Mystic - Whoever the White Ranger was. I can't remember her name off the top of my head. Anyone but Nick.

Operation Overdrive - Idc. I've only really ever seen Once a Ranger. Maybe the Sentinel Knight to replace Ninjor in the PR Equivalent Leader Episodes.

Jungle Fury - I've never seen any of it. So don't know.

RPM - Gem and Gemma or Ziggy

Samurai - I'd like it to be Mike. But It'll be Jayden most likely.

I'd actually like to see Tommy get his own personal appearance on behalf of all PR. Kind of like Akared representing all SS.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/12, 10:38 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Doesn't really matter with Trey. Regardless of where his powers originated, he was still a member of the team. Not to mention his zord was used for their Ultrazord sequence and he also gave them the Super Zeozords.

For Mystic Force, the White Ranger is Udonna but that's not possible. Since her actress has gone to the great Spirit World in the sky.

and Sentinel Knight wouldn't really work for Overdrive. For 1 thing, that is 1 of the keys.

Also Trey's status as an actual Zeo Ranger doesn't matter. Since that's not how the ultimate powers work. They just need to be a member of the actual team. So far most of the ones that granted the powers in Sentai were previous Rangers however Ninjaman/Ninjor is so far the only exception.

Last edited by MattEmily; 02/16/12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02/16/12, 04:45 PM   #4
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Also Trey's status as an actual Zeo Ranger doesn't matter. Since that's not how the ultimate powers work. They just need to be a member of the actual team.
I didn't know you worked for the show, that is so COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the name of the Silver Ranger?
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/12, 04:49 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

I don't work for the show. It's called going by the Sentai adaptation.

Given the track record of how Jonathan Tzachor does stuff, that basically means "We do it the same as Sentai does it."

Granted it's just my thoughts and feelings on the eventual adaptation. I have no confidence in them changing much of the story, just stuff that they're forced into changing for one reason or another (could be too violent, might not be able to get any cast from a previous team back, etc.) but they're just my thoughts and feelings on the Gokaiger adaptation.

Last edited by MattEmily; 02/16/12 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02/17/12, 10:31 PM   #6
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Why do you think about the whole using Past Sentai Teams? If Tzachor does infact decide to mimic the Sentai again (Which I think is likely considering having an extra 15 extra teams of rangers to work with is a gold mine), then we are most likely going to get all these random teams popping up for tributes.

The problem however is that later in the last few eps of Gokaiger mainly, There are so many tribute moments to the older teams (Just random team moves and mecha and whatnot).

Personally. I'd like to see them just use the original PR Teams. One thing that I've noticed throughout Gokaiger is because there is so many teams to tribute... Not to mention they were trying to push through Gokaiger's own personal storyline, most of the Sentais only get a 1 episode tribute or less.

If Saban was able to drag out the Gokaiger Adaption to a 50 episode season however, that's gotta be at least a 2 episode tribute to each series with a handful of episodes to help progress the story (10 or so)
Old 02/17/12, 10:42 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

In regards to the 5 Dairanger and the pre-Zyuranger teams, I really don't care what they decide to do with them. Personally I hope they do use them but it really wouldn't be a big deal if they don't use them.

and personally I'd rather they just use their existing teams since it would be their 20th anniversary. It wouldn't be a Sentai anniversary.

In regards to those Gokaiger eps, you have a point but that really wouldn't be a big deal. From the looks of things, it appears Saban is given the raw footage (before they do any post production work on it including special effects) so they can always either paste something else in it or just skip that scene or whatever.

and very true with Gokaiger having so many teams but we don't have as many teams. Not to mention it's possible they'll keep our "Silver Ranger" having 3 grand powers for his zord which means it kind of eliminates those teams being required of a tribute episode.
Old 02/21/12, 06:39 AM   #8
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

I guess another advantage to having less teams is that we will see them more often. Gokaiger tended to change into the more recent Heroes rather then the older ones. Really, I only saw the Goranger and J.A.K.Q Suits maybe 3-4 times each throughout the series. With only 20 series to choose from, we will most likely be seeing alot more of the earlier PR Suits.

Quote:
Not to mention it's possible they'll keep our "Silver Ranger" having 3 grand powers for his zord which means it kind of eliminates those teams being required of a tribute episode.
Hopefully they still do a tribute episode for all of Silver's Keys... Mainly cause of the Fact that One of them will be MMPR! =P It'll actually be interesting to see how they handle the Silver Storyline considering he got those powers essentially in a dream from dead Sentai heroes.

Quote:
In regards to the 5 Dairanger and the pre-Zyuranger teams, I really don't care what they decide to do with them.
And I really don't think its possible to use Dairanger Suits at all. Any footage of them really involves Kibaranger. PR just can't have that. Why go to the point of refilming suits you have never ever used and no-one has ever seen before.

But it will be interesting how they handle the Kibaranger Issue too. I really think Tommy should have maybe a selection at his disposal. Maybe a morpher with all 4 of his Ranger forms attached and he just switches between them. I feel that would solve the problem easily and allow for some of the Sentai Footage to remain intact without dissecting it.

It could probably work with all the people who had multiple Forms. Just have all the Turbo Rangers have a morpher then can morph them both Turbo-Way and Space-Way. Problem solved really.
Old 02/21/12, 11:35 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon View Post
I guess another advantage to having less teams is that we will see them more often. Gokaiger tended to change into the more recent Heroes rather then the older ones. Really, I only saw the Goranger and J.A.K.Q Suits maybe 3-4 times each throughout the series. With only 20 series to choose from, we will most likely be seeing alot more of the earlier PR Suits.
Very true. If they go with just the Power Rangers teams then we'll be able to see them more often. I don't believe they used them much in Sentai. I think Ohranger was only shown maybe... twice?

Quote:
Hopefully they still do a tribute episode for all of Silver's Keys... Mainly cause of the Fact that One of them will be MMPR! =P It'll actually be interesting to see how they handle the Silver Storyline considering he got those powers essentially in a dream from dead Sentai heroes.
Indeed, let's hope so but in regards to the dream, it could just be the 3 Rangers 'projecting themselves' to him in their Ranger forms because they can't be there in person.

Quote:
And I really don't think its possible to use Dairanger Suits at all. Any footage of them really involves Kibaranger. PR just can't have that. Why go to the point of refilming suits you have never ever used and no-one has ever seen before.
Very true. They'll have to reshoot any footage with Gokaiger changing into Kibaranger provided they just stick to their own Power Rangers teams.

Quote:
It could probably work with all the people who had multiple Forms. Just have all the Turbo Rangers have a morpher then can morph them both Turbo-Way and Space-Way. Problem solved really.
Actually the Turbo powers don't need something like that because they had introduced the Robot Rangers, remember? They had went back to Eltar after their 1-ep experiment on Earth.

The only issue we have would be the Tommy-powers since we need someone for MMPR Green, White, Zeo Ranger 5 and Black Brachio.
Old 02/22/12, 05:45 AM   #10
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
The only issue we have would be the Tommy-powers since we need someone for MMPR Green, White, Zeo Ranger 5 and Black Brachio.
I mean hell. If worst comes to worst. A person from Time Force could pull Tommy's out of Different Timezones from when he had those powers.

Quote:
They'll have to reshoot any footage with Gokaiger changing into Kibaranger provided they just stick to their own Power Rangers teams.
That could actually cause another problem. We have two 6th Ranger's aligning themselves with MMPR. What happens if it comes to the roll call?

Mobirate: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Season 2!

It's either that or have Kibaranger on his own for every scene.... Or just share the two rangers around everytime MMPR shows up for a suit change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon
Indeed, let's hope so but in regards to the dream, it could just be the 3 Rangers 'projecting themselves' to him in their Ranger forms because they can't be there in person.
Yeah. We could also do an Evil-Based Story. Both MMPR Green and White Dino were both Evil. And I'm not sure (I haven't seen much of Time Force), But from what I've read, Eric came off as a bit of an Egotistical Maniac/Asshole to the other Rangers when he first appeared.

All the rangers have started out as outcasts to their team and ended up joining them. It would work perfectly with Silver if they used the story because the Gokiagers all thought Gai was a bit crazy at the start.
Post New ThreadReply