Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/16/14, 05:28 PM   #1
Awakening
Putty Patroller

Default Mighty Morphin Power Rangers FAN made series.

Hey Guys

How's everybody?

My name is Jay aka Awakening. I just became a member of this awesome forum. I'm also an independent film producer for several years now graduating from the NYFA.

Several partners and I have been thinking about creating a Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers FAN made series.

I would like to know all your thoughts and opinions on that?

We've been discussing this for a few months now and while the series is still in it's very early stages we have an idea on how we'd like to begin the show. Here are a few key points we've settled on.

1) The show will be a revised version of the original series featuring the original 5 characters Jason, Zach, Billy, Trini and Kimberly.

2) The show will be geared more for mature audiences and at times a little more darker with less cliche scenarios.

3) The show will follow a similar timeline, however will deviate from the original series story enough to keep it fresh and unpredictable.

4) The show will feature hour long episodes. Should the show be popular we're looking to produce 16 episodes for the first season.

We want ALL of your thoughts and opinions on this new project. Please gives us your feedback.

Talk to you soon.

Jay
Awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:30 PM   #2
lablue6uy
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Thread: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers FAN made series.

^16 episodes really where are you getting your money from ? since you don't own the rights to these characters you can't sell the product without committing copy right infringement so once again how are you going to make money from this to cover production costs ?
lablue6uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:32 PM   #3
Awakening
Putty Patroller

It's a fan film project. We're just looking to make a fun project, not worried about making money. We have some financial backing from our partners and will probably hold some fan donations to help maximize our budget to get our most potential for the series.
Awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:33 PM   #4
BradyMcKnight
Putty Patroller

If you're really into this, go for it all you like. I just don't think you'll be able to count on much fan support or donations since fan films have a really bad rep here. But don't let that discourage you from making it if you really want to.
BradyMcKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:35 PM   #5
BananaRama
Putty Patroller

I plan on making a Megaforce fan websereies by utilizing nothing but Goseiger stock footage with poorly done ADR dubbed over it.

Fans won't know the difference between my fanmade Megaforce series and the actual one.
BananaRama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:36 PM   #6
Red5
Putty Patroller

Another one? Hopefully it gets made; there have been many attempts, but nothing has really come to fruition. Asking for donations (Saban will see that as money they could be getting) will probably stop this project from happening, but I hope you guys make the show!

I would love to see a fan film that takes on a new forever red, Lightspeed Rescue, or something like that; MMPR has been attempted and failed the most. But still, good luck!
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:37 PM   #7
prblackforce
Putty Patroller

How about no. We get many threads on fan films and I have not seen come out. The Power Ranger fanbase just does not like fan films. All we want is some quality official canon material, which we have not seen since 2009. They're all the same though. It's always "An MMPR fan film with darker themes geared to a more mature audience". All these fan films are also typically done by people who only know MMPR (as if that's the only good series). Can we have a rule where people only post fan films when they a can provide trailer (with enough original footage to constitute a working project)? I've been on many forums where one cannot start a thread about a project until they have some progress on it.

There's only one piece of advice I can give you Awakening. That advice is to not do anything. We don't want to see some crappy fan film/series. We're tired of seeing all this MMPR-related things (official or not). We don't care if it's for fun or not. At least with a fan edit project, it seems more realistic in a sense that it makes a "what if" statement or seeks to improve the already-made material. We've been forced through Samurai and Megaforce, if you can at least show us something of value right now in video form (no sentai footage), then we'll reconsider. As of right now, the one thing we don't want see is material worse that Samurai and Megaforce.
prblackforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:38 PM   #8
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

Well awakening I wish you well with your idea. And good luck aS a film maker. I don't expect things for mmpr would turn out like you want. You might not get far before saban brands and or toei send you a stop notice.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:39 PM   #9
Red5
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by prblackforce View Post
How about no. We get many threads on fan films and I have not seen come out. The Power Ranger fanbase just does not like fan films. All we want is some quality official canon material, which we have not seen since 2009. They're all the same though. It's always "An MMPR fan film with darker themes geared to a more mature audience". All these fan films are also typically done by people who only know MMPR (as if that's the only good series). Can we have a rule where people only post fan films when they a can provide trailer (with enough original footage to constitute a working project)? I've been on many forums where one cannot start a thread about a project until they have some progress on it.

There's only one piece of advice I can give you Awakening. That advice is to not do anything. We don't want to see some crappy fan film/series. We're tired of seeing all this MMPR-related things (official or not). We don't care if it's for fun or not. At least with a fan edit project, it seems more realistic in a sense that it makes a "what if" statement or seeks to improve the already-made material. We've been forced through Samurai and Megaforce, if you can at least show us something of value right now in video form (no sentai footage), then we'll reconsider. As of right now, the one thing we don't want see is material worse that Samurai and Megaforce.
Well awakening I wish you well with your idea. And good luck aS a film maker. I don't expect things for mmpr would turn out like you want. You might not get far before saban brands and or toei send you a stop notice.
Red5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/14, 05:40 PM   #10
BradyMcKnight
Putty Patroller

Well, you guys, MMPR is the series that's the most "reboot-able." The premise is very basic, 5 teenagers are given super-powers to fight evil. Every other season has more complexities that would be harder to film/recreate. Some others might be feasible, like Lightspeed, Ninja Storm, or Dino Thunder, maybe Samurai even, but the basic story and stock characters of MMPR allow for more artistic liberties to be taken.
BradyMcKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply