Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/12/14, 07:22 PM   #1
Quark
Putty Patroller

Default Why exactly is it so difficult to nail the Green Ranger suit?

Gold morpher or silver morpher? White holster or black holster? On which hip? Which shade of green is it today? Silver stripe? Silver stripe AGAIN? Ok, apparently the silver stripe is a thing now. Oddly recolored post production silver stripe. Cloth shield. Foam shield. Foam but looks kinda like a bad cosplay shield. MIX N MORPH, MIX MIX N MORPH! BUILDING HEROES, POWERFUL ZORDS!

Seriously, what is the deal? I'm not even mad, i'm just impressed. Second only to MMPR Red, this is the single most iconic suit from Power Rangers. Worn by a self proclaimed ambassador to the brand. So why is the Green Ranger's appearance fudged so frequently and so completely? I know this has never been a show to focus on the details, but these are not mundane details Michael.

I think the closest we've ever been is that original GR footage in the recent Bandai commercials.
Quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/16, 03:03 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why exactly is it so difficult to nail the Green Ranger suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Gold morpher or silver morpher? White holster or black holster? On which hip? Which shade of green is it today? Silver stripe? Silver stripe AGAIN? Ok, apparently the silver stripe is a thing now. Oddly recolored post production silver stripe. Cloth shield. Foam shield. Foam but looks kinda like a bad cosplay shield.
No clue but I think it has to do with numerous things.

1. I believe they did have a shield similar to the DragonRanger one but they had to ditch it because JDF and his stunt double were too uncomfortable with it on.

2. in the case of the Morpher and the holster being different colors I think it's just the people assuming wrong that the Green Ranger's Morpher and holster colors should be matching with the other 5 Rangers' Morphers and colors. I couldn't tell you why they would put the holster on the wrong side though since most holsters are usually on the left side.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/24/18, 05:49 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
No clue but I think it has to do with numerous things.

1. I believe they did have a shield similar to the DragonRanger one but they had to ditch it because JDF and his stunt double were too uncomfortable with it on.

2. in the case of the Morpher and the holster being different colors I think it's just the people assuming wrong that the Green Ranger's Morpher and holster colors should be matching with the other 5 Rangers' Morphers and colors. I couldn't tell you why they would put the holster on the wrong side though since most holsters are usually on the left side.
after thinking about it I think originally when they made their own suit for JDF they probably didn't know if his Ranger suit would get a holster or not since I think they got the eps in batches either that or they made the 6th holster ahead of time assuming he would have a holster they just didn't know it wouldn't be white and back then especially during the 1st season they were trying to spend as little money as possible
Old 05/26/18, 12:24 PM   #4
Mystic Hero
Putty Patroller

Its hard to remake something. Especially when the Sentai Suits tend to have age on them.
Mystic Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/18, 10:59 AM   #5
Maligore
Power Ranger

Saban and Disney were too cheap to pay Toei for proper duplicates. Hasbro will do better if they need the suit.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/18, 02:47 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Hero View Post
Its hard to remake something. Especially when the Sentai Suits tend to have age on them.
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
Saban and Disney were too cheap to pay Toei for proper duplicates. Hasbro will do better if they need the suit.
please. Saban and Disney re-created the suits which isn't cheap at all and Tommy's "Fighting Spirit" helmet came from Toei so you really think they won't screw it up? please. get real
Old 06/04/18, 01:05 PM   #7
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Trying to recreate a suit from the past isn't as easy as people may think.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/18, 11:41 AM   #8
RailRescue25
Putty Patroller

I give them credit for even trying to bring it back during DinoThunder and Super Megaforce.
RailRescue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/18, 01:49 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Trying to recreate a suit from the past isn't as easy as people may think.
true but look at how many suits they had to re-create for Gokaiger not just past Sentai suits including the zord suits that we know as the Dino Megazord and the Red Dragon Thunderzord in its Warrior Mode but they also made a bunch of other Toku suits.
Old 06/07/18, 03:30 AM   #10
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Well, they obviously had the original blueprints for the suits and all there was to do was to actually re-make them. I doubt they would be able to do as many suits as they did if they didn't already have the original blueprints along with instructions and other additional notes needed to re-make them. For them (Toei), it wasn't too hard to re-create the suits, since they already made them once back when their original seasons/shows were being produced so they already knew exactly how to do re-create them as well.

And the best thing about this is if the suits eventually become useless they can always re-create them if necessary.

However, for fans and non-fans who would attempt re-creating the suits for themselves - yes, it's a bit tricky for them, I'd say. Plus it takes even longer to re-make just one.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply