Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/08/11, 05:54 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The RPM /Samurai Team up

That is the part that kind of surprises me about the teamup. That they ended up using footage from the 2 movies in it. Granted I don't know what was in the regular movie that they ended up using but personally I couldn't even tell at all.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 05:57 PM   #12
Zabitan
Administrator

Just to chime in my 2 cents on the whole "Alternate universe" thing with RPM there's not just RPM but also Jonathan Tzachor saying he views the Disney seasons as non canon.

Plus unless they want to do an ass ton of editing, and original footage or just skip it altogther there's the issue of having pre Zyuranger Sentai teams in Gokaiger.

So maybe the whole "alternate universe" is just a safety net so that they can explain all the various past rangers showing up.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 06:38 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

True, it's been claimed Tzachor stated that however keep in mind he also didn't want them to put Ninja Storm through and including RPM on the website either. So hopefully Saban and his right-hand people won't allow Tzachor to put Ninja Storm-Jungle Fury in alternate dimensions.

Indeed, there is the issue of pre-Zyuranger teams in Gokaiger but keep in mind there's also Dairanger as well which we didn't get in terms of the Ranger suits except for Tommy's White Ranger powers. Plus there are other ways to deal with the pre-Zyuranger teams without pulling the alternate dimension or alternate timeline card.

After all every new team they usually act as if there was no other team before them. Taylor was active in Turtle Cove during the time Time Force was still fighting Ransik and his mutants yet they didn't know of each other until their teamup.
So basically they could say the pre-Zyuranger teams are just teams from other planets, galaxies or universes. The only issue they would have is Battle Fever J because it would kinda need to have an Earth-based excuse but you could just say it was once a secret agency team that had to retire and hide their powers once the government tried spying on them.

Also there is the option of not even using the pre-Zyu teams. There's really not a whole lot of editing to be done with those teams to begin with anyway. They would just need to cut out the footage and that's basically it. Granted filming new footage is something that they're capable of since we've seen evidence of it before but the question is, would they be willing to? Since the question they need to ask themselves is whether they want to use the money that they have in order to bring back previous actors or if they want to use it for more original footage.

Last edited by MattEmily; 12/18/11 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12/18/11, 08:59 PM   #14
PRangerX
Administrator

They will never be able to completely get rid of the Disney Seasons. Tzachor's supposed attempt to take them off the website failed. There is too much money to be made. I do fear that they will be contridicted with the Gokaiger adaption. But we will have to see.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 09:10 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Yup, that is what I'm worried about but I'm hoping the higher-ups won't allow him to do a hacking of the other previous Disney teams.
Old 12/19/11, 12:18 AM   #16
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

DT proved Doug was absolutely clueless about his own PR history. There were so many inconsistencies the only way for it not to look bad is if they were trying to establish an alternate reality for the crap era under Disney.

That is just plain sad and made me lose what little respect I had for the guy after his comic book line in NS.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 04:45 AM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

What do you mean inconsistencies? I never caught anything that would be inconsistent in Dino Thunder. Just bad mistakes they made with "Legacy of Power" but that wasn't necessarily their fault, they just had to condense it.

Now with SPD and the whole "brutally injured thing due to the big Sword attack yet once they morph they're perfectly healthy thing" I'll give you.
Old 12/19/11, 01:27 PM   #18
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

From Tommy's video diary of his life as a Power Ranger:
  • Sword of Darkness called Power Sword, in proper Power Ranger history the Power Sword belongs to the Red Ranger as his personal weapon.
  • "Power Sword" was destroyed by Tommy with the other’s help, in proper PR history the Sword of Darkness was fueling the evil in Tommy and it was not destroyed by Tommy at all but by Jason or the entire team.
  • At one point he says the Green Ranger Power was only temporary, in proper PR history Rita was stealing the power, Tommy gave it to Jason so Rita couldn't get it, later Tommy took it back up but lacked enough power to keep it forever, Zordon had to fuel it himself, eventually Tommy used it up completely and ended the power's existence forever.
  • No mention of Katherine being under an evil spell
  • No mention of Vile or him turning back time
  • No mention of the Alien Rangers having come to Earth to save the Earth
  • No mention of the Zeo Crystal Quest
  • No mention of Trey
  • No mention of Phantom Ranger and Blue Senturian
  • He said the loss of the Command Center destruction means loss of Turbo powers, in proper PR history the invasion of Eltar disconnected the link between the Turbo Powers power source and the Turbo Ranger's morpher.
  • No mention of any Battlizers other than Leo’s
  • No mention of Scorpious
  • No mention of Magna Defender nor Mike who were essential in Terra Venture's escape from the Lost Galaxy.
  • No mention of Karone replacing the first Ranger to ever die, nor that dead Ranger’s resurrection
  • No mention of Ryan being evil at first
  • No mention of Alex, nor his death and resurrection
  • No mention of Merrick being the evil Zen-Aku first
  • No mention of Forever Red, Haley or the other DT Rangers said the video diary was about Tommy's life as a Power Ranger yet it neglects to mention the biggest battle he was ever in and orchestrated.
  • He specifically states that he had no Ranger powers at the time in direct contradiction to Forever Red which proved he could still morph into Zeo Red Ranger.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 03:10 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

You do have a point. Granted they make mistakes with names at times and remember Tommy is narrating the video diary and he does have a bad memory.

Also the Sword of Darkness was destroyed by Jason but it's not the first time they've called it a Power Sword. I recall 1 other instance of them doing such a thing even when the writers should have known better.

Yeah, the Green Ranger powers being temporary, I'll give you that but keep in mind it was only 1 episode and they had to condense it. Doesn't mean it's inconsistent. It just means they avoided some things. Granted the temporary Green Ranger powers is an inconsistent thing so I'll give you that one.

Yes, the conquering of Eltar definitely meant the Turbo Rangers lost their powers but it's possible Tommy wasn't aware of the attack being at the same time as Divatox's attack on the Power Chamber.

You have a point with Scorpius and the Magna Defender though.
You do have a point with Karone as well as the death of Karone.
You have a point with Merrick and Zen-Aku.

Yes, it was a video about Tommy's life as a Power Ranger but that doesn't mean removing "Forever Red" is inconsistent. None of the teamups were mentioned. It's likely why they avoided the whole Kendrix/Karone stuff. They wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

It doesn't mean not mentioning something is inconsistent. It just means they wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

And yes, he said he had no powers at the "present time." That doesn't mean it's inconsistent. We don't even know if he still had his Zeo powers or not. Sure, he used them in "Forever Red" but that was "Forever Red."
Old 12/19/11, 07:03 PM   #20
Mnikolic
Comic Relief

Tommy's video diary was inconsistent because Dino Thunder was the second season produced by Ranger Productions Limited and Disney didn't bother to check out the series properly so they could put together a 100 % correct video diary. Also, because the MMPR Productions crew was finally 100 % fired after the production of Wild Force had been completed, the change of continent and the new New Zealand crew NOT being at the same level as the Saban one have contributed to lower tech quality of the series, not to mention the writing and filming. Of course it all got better by the time Dino Thunder had ended/SPD had begun. The new crew had some catching up to do to get into the game and they also needed to get some experience when it came to do a Power Rangers show.

Watch Linkara's video review of Ninja Storm. Yes, Tommy has a bad memory, even his actor, JDF may have bad memory, but if the script for the damn anniversarry episode would be done like it should, Tommy would fill us in on the PR history correctly and he wouldn't stop listing individual Rangers after Lost Galaxy and Cole would get his screen time in the diary and not just Gao Red.

For the diary inconsistencies, the production crew is to blame. They didn't do their homework for the 500th episode.

To quote Linkara:
Quote:
HOW TO YOU MESS UP THE AUDIO FROM THE OLD EPISODES!?!?!?!
Mnikolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply