Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/11/06, 08:52 PM   #1
Razi
Power Ranger

Default When Crossing the Bridge, Leave the Light On

Please. Read the first few chapters of my story. There is only 1 chapter up right now, but it will get better. Here is a bit of background info on my story, and what to expect.

Note: This is not a Power Ranger fic! I repeat, A NON-POWER RANGER FIC!! I am just using JDF's picture in my banner cause I like it.

When Crossing The Bridge, Leave The Light On

Characters: Corrello Jacobs, Stephanie Atkinson , Carlene Atkinson, Christian Atkinson, Darren Atkinson, Dari Atkinson, Grandma Sophie, Grandpa Jo,

Setting: California, in the lives of the Dutch and Wiggins families.

Plot: Wife Stephanie just lost her husband from a fatal shooting. Darren was very close to his eldest daughter Carlene. Darren was a stay at home Dad while Stephanie worked as a corporation manager. Darren was shot as he was walking his kids home from school. Christian was too young to remember exactly what happened, but Carlene witnesses the whole thing, and never felt the same again. Carlene used to be the top of her class, involved in everything under the sun, but lost interest once her Dad died. She was still involved in drama with her brother, but watched her grades, behavior, and self-esteem drop.
When Carlene was a little girl, and had just moved to the area with her family (before Christian was born) Darren and Carlene went exploring through the gully behind their house and found a creek. Darren took a rock and started to write on it. “I take all my fears, all of the bad stuff that has happened to me today, and write it on the stone. Once I’m done, I throw it in the water. As the water flows, the ink will slowly fade off the rock, and won’t exist. The water will carry your fears, hates, everything out to sea, away from you, away from your mind.” On the other side of the creek, was a grove. When the waters got to high, they decided to build a bridge. They were always able to go down to the grove and have a good time there.
About a year after Darren passed, Stephanie started dating again. She met a man on the streets as she was walking out of the building, and on her lunch break. The man she met was selling flowers, beautiful roses, dandelions, hibiscus, magnolia, forget me nots, violets lilacs and camellias. He charmed her into buying flowers and they went out for lunch. Everyday, he would be selling something new. Pottery, handmade jewelry, frames, handsewn pillows and toys, etc. Stephanie was taken away by his charm. Everyday, they would go out for lunch. Steph invited Corrello over one night to meet the kids, but Carlene was resistant. Pretty soon, Corrello started coming over to frequently.
They decided to become engaged, and announced it to the kids one night at a restaurant. Carlene hated this because Corrello would be moving into the guest room, into their house. Once Corrello is officially moved in, Steph goes back to work, and Corrello stays home with the kids. One day after school, Corrello can’t find Carlene. She and Christian were supposed to stay after school and help out but she never showed up to school. They refer Corrello to the gully and grove. That’s where he finds her. It takes a while before Carlene accepts Corrello, and knows that he will never or has ever been trying to replace her Father.
Steph becomes less frequent at the house, and Corrello runs things with the kids. He seems to know more about them than she does. She is being promoted, having to spend less time with her family, and the kids are deprived of a Mother. It takes an accident at school for Steph to realize her priorities. The school is going through a minor bomb threat, which they think is just a bluff. When the signal is clear for the students to re-enter, the bomb is set off and the building burnt down. Corrello bursts into the building and tries to find the kids. Steph sees the action on the news and rushes over to see her kids. Dari and Christian get out safe but Carlene is locked, and gagged in a broom closet, suffocated by the fumes. Corrello finally finds her but their only escape is though a window on the 2nd story. They jump. Corrello suffers minor burns to his chest and upper arm, and soreness to his back. Carlene is completely knocked out with minor burns and a hard concussion. While they recover, Stephanie has to take time off work to take care of her family. She doesn’t realize how hard it is, and tries to go back to work. Carlene resist and tells her “you are never here for us! You never have been! Dad always used to take care of us, you were never around. When you went back to work, Corrello took care of us day and night. We just want you, not the money, not the stupid job, we want our Mother back!”

Disclaimer: All story ideas are mine, all original. Characters are solely mine, and cannot be used otherwise, unless I give permission.

Note: These things are more than likely going to be modified, or be a bit different than how they sound, so don't be surprised if they are not exactly following the polt line or anything.

I will post the link here for my story, but it is really long, so I would prefer not to post it here. But PLEASE READ AND REVIEW! JUst post comments here. I will post updates here though.

Here is my story

http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=2151418

Let me know what ya think!

-Razi
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply