Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09/10/16, 07:19 PM   #11
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Did the rest of the universe know Zordon was alive before Rita was awakened?

I don't think anyone knew where Zordon was until the conflict. They probably assumed he was in hiding.
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/16, 02:47 PM   #12
Uncle Steve
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Did the rest of the universe know Zordon was alive before Rita was awakened?

Yeah most people though Zordon was long gone. A lot of the allies the Rangers meant early on seemed surprised when the Rangers brought him up. By Turbo it was more wide spread knowledge that Zordon was on Earth.
Uncle Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/17, 11:47 AM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Pink View Post
It would seem odd that no one came to invade earth before Rita woke up. And after her everyone else showed up or was awakened.
Yes that would seem odd but it would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Gia To Remember View Post
People just weren't that interested in Earth until Rita came a long. Plus the whole war in Space ended up happening. So Earth got popular real fast with the bad guys.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I think Zordon was either thought to be dead or MIA. The forces of Good and Evil were in a cold war for a long time. Being out of the picture let Zordon plan for the inevitable final war. Which came to fruition in Space. The whole timeline was sped up when Rita escaped and Zordon was once again back on the radar. Once things got bad and Zordon had a way out of his time warp , he had to high tail it home before **** hit the fan. Of course, Specter ruined things by invading Eltar and capturing him.
Exactly. No one knew what happened to him except for Rita and her minions and since no one could question her no one would be aware of Zordon's fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Master View Post
How do we know Earth wasn't attacked before? Given all the later Ranger teams that were only shown to be related in FR, its possible there were many other Ranger teams before the MMPR team. The fact we see formally unseen teams in "Legendary Battle" only makes that more likely.
We don't but why would Zordon or Gosei let such stuff go unnoticed if something like that had happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
Only Rita and Zedd cared about Earth in the beginning. The Machines just wanted it to complete their collection and Divatox was mad the Rangers foiled her plans. Astronema was ordered to stop the Space Rangers and followed them their. Scorpious has nothing to do with Earth.

The demons were just set free as were most of the bad guys afterwards who weren't Earth based anyway. Lothar came back because he had a vendetta against his bother and wanted access to the Abyss of Evil. The bag guys in Megaforce just wanted to conquer. But all these post Space guys weren't connected to the alliance anyway.
that's a good point. Ransik and the mutants came from the future, the Orgs were powered by pollution and they weren't seen as a credible threat without the Master Org or the Org Generals and 2 of the Generals had been entombed, Lothor wasn't a threat the time since he was still under banishment and he was likely still recruiting his forces and training, Mesogog hadn't been created since he was created as part of an experiment, Grumm may have been around but wasn't seen as a credible threat, the Master of the Underworld and his forces were sealed in the Underworld, Moltor and Flurious were sealed but no clue where Miratrix or the Fearcats came from, Dai Shi had been trapped, the Venjix Virus was in another dimension, the Nighloks weren't seen as a credible threat without Master Xandred or Serrator, the villains in Megaforce we don't know but they likely weren't seen as a credible threat IF they had existed at the time, Sledge and his forces are presumably in another dimension and in the case of Galvanax he likely wasn't seen as a credible threat until he had attacked our planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo View Post
I would have to be on the side of Zordon's survival being secret. Earth seemed to be mostly left alone before Rita came back. At least by the UAE anyway.
I would have to agree with you on that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mutiny View Post
Zordon played everything perfectly but couldn't account for Rita's return. It sped up the conflict that we saw in C2D. And thats why Zordon had to make sure he made it back to Eltar when Turbo began.
I disagree I think he expected Rita to return he just didn't know when it would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastadon Ranger View Post
I see no reason why anyone thought Zordon was dead. The bad guys just had other fish to fry before MMPR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan's Wrath View Post
I think they knew he was alive. There was just no reason for anyone important to come to Earth until the MMPR era happened. Zordon was stuck on Earth until Turbo, so couldn't do too much actively.
Keep in mind that there would've been no sign of Zordon so if there is no sign of living breathing being then the general assumption is that they have passed on. Yes the bad guys may have had other fish to try beforehand but regardless of that I truly think they didn't know whether he was alive or not since the only ones who would've known would be him, Alpha, Rita and Rita's minions and no one knew how to contact any of them to question what had happened to Zordon just like I'm sure no one knew if Rita was still alive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronema View Post
I think Zordon must have been in communication with K0-35. Andros knew who he was and referred to him as an old friend.
thing is we don't know how long he knew Andros he could've been communicating with him while he was still on Earth while assisting his team of Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Steve View Post
Yeah most people though Zordon was long gone. A lot of the allies the Rangers meant early on seemed surprised when the Rangers brought him up. By Turbo it was more wide spread knowledge that Zordon was on Earth.
well they technically didn't ever bring him up to allies they only mentioned him to Ninjor (who had said nothing about it) and to Auric who was more surprised that they knew of him and I think that is why he was surprised by the mentioning of his (Zordon's) name I don't think he was surprised that he was still around though.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/17, 12:07 PM   #14
Green With Envy
Power Ranger

Zordon was probably considered missing in action. No one would have known he was on Earth except for Rita. Who was trapped for 10,000 years.
Green With Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/17, 12:09 PM   #15
Delta Black
Power Ranger

But it still seemed like Auric was surprised Zordon was on Earth. Which shows why most villains wouldn't know until the events of the series.
Delta Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/17, 12:11 PM   #16
Eradicator
Comic Relief

I could see other Earth Ranger teams before MMPR. We have seen so many unrelated to Zordon after Space.
Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/17, 06:07 PM   #17
Bandora's Ghost
Ranger In Training

Interesting idea by the op, never thought of that angle before.
Bandora's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/17, 12:56 PM   #18
Blue Ranger Gone Bad
Ranger In Training

PR always was wierd with the thousand year backstories, especially in the old days. I guess it stems from Rita being trapped 10,000 years. Its just crazy how so many villains lived for so long without being trapped.
Blue Ranger Gone Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/17, 12:58 PM   #19
Saban Fan
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronema View Post
I think Zordon must have been in communication with K0-35. Andros knew who he was and referred to him as an old friend.
Everyone knew Zordon though. Its possible Andros meant him after his return to Eltar. But I doubt Zordon had any communication with KO35 or anyone else while on Earth.
Saban Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/17, 01:02 PM   #20
Zordon's Alliance
Putty Patroller

I think Zordon had contact with KO35 and many other places. They just kept it a secret until the events of MMPR outed Zordon to the UAE. Karone was Zordon's heir. So its nor a surprise Zordon had a lot of interaction with him.
Zordon's Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply