Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 07/19/08, 10:33 PM   #151
kabutopower
Comic Relief

i liked the episode ecept the fact that everyone is still a douche bag to Dominic and (spoiler) and Dominic was a retard for letting the Rhino Dagger that opens the Rhino nexus easly get into the hands of Dai Shi.

i give it a decent 3.5 out of 5
Old 07/20/08, 07:58 PM   #152
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Why was everyone so afraid of Dai Shi being released from that box? So far he has been a complete tool. The Rangers should laugh in his face. Camille is more badass of a character when compared to him. Hate to say it but the only good episodes for this season were the first 13. Of course not having Lily train with Master Phant ruined a fairly good episode in the first 13.

Why do I say this? B/C I will not justify Disney's laziness anymore.

I am especially tired of having to create theories & fanfics just to cope with how s***ty Disney is with writing the Power Ranger franchise.
Old 07/21/08, 10:04 PM   #153
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze
Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Race to the Nexus

The episode has aired, so I guess we can discuss it:

I'd say this was a good way to end Dom's arc.

Hmmmm, the Rin Shi building a mysterious device? Interesting. More Phantom Beast build-up, no doubt. I'm assuming "Snapping Turtle", "White Tiger", and "Avalon Dragon" (???); will be the ones to capture Swoop, Finn, and Phant. I certainly hope all this, lives up to the "hype."

You know, the Dai Shi and Camille scenes, is leading me to conclude that Dai Shi is forming a soft heart for Camille. Just a few episodes ago, he had a fetish for punishing her... I was loving the chemistry, too. Definitely the highlights of the episode!

OK, seriously...Jellica CANNOT fight! She continues to be one of my favorite of the three- or now only two; but she reminds me a lot of Udonna. Her power is 9 times out of 10, expressed through her staff. I'm really annoyed by that, for some odd reason.

Well well well, I think Casey's "Tiger Instincts" was the most semi-activity he's had since..."One Master Too Many." Way to go Casey, *straight face*. I'm glad they used Jan's "Jungle-tastic flip slash!" Why? I always thought it was neat.

And at last, we move onto the "Rhino Steel Pride Warrior Megazord!" Lol. I was expecting more of a epic showdown/defeat. Not entirely bad, for what it was worth. But honestly, "Rhino Warrior Mode"? "Rhino Steel Megazord"? ..."Rhino Pride Megazord"?!?! ...Which is it for crying out loud?! Still love the design, though.

Overall, "Race to the Nexus" was again, a good way to end this arc. A lot of it reminded me of "Nothing to Love" (battle, talk, battle, battle, and more...battle). I'm not bashing on the battles in this one, I enjoyed bits and pieces of 'em. Plus, it continues to build towards the Spirit Ranger arc. 4/5. "Arise the Crystal Eyes" is currently airing on Verizon FIOS for those that have it (me not included).
Old 07/23/08, 07:41 PM   #154
LePage
Ranger In Training

Finally saw the episode.

- Yeah, the Overlords. How do the rangers know the Overlords? Beside Jellica, we never the rangers meet or ineracted with the other two. Hell, by all logic they shouldn't even know Carnisoar and Grizzaka even exist, so how do you know what they look like?
- Finally, Grizzaka does something other than sit on his rear and scream "Zocato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Why is Carnisoar asking Casey which one is the real one? He makes Pre-Marriage Zedd look competent.
- You know, the great power being a Zord doesn't jizze well. Rhino Steel cool and all, but no zord needs this kind of hype.
- I like how Jarshi knows Dominic. Atleast it keeps me from asking "How the heck does he even the about the Rhino Ranger?!?"

Pretty mediorcre. 3/5.
Old 07/23/08, 10:11 PM   #155
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

Dai Shi pawns Rangers. Beast Masters pawn Dai Shi. Rangers pawn Beast Masters.

This story makes no sense.
Old 07/29/08, 03:37 PM   #156
LePage
Ranger In Training

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Arise the Crystal Eyes

Oooookay

- RJ's explanation of the Crystal Eyes was expositonrytastic. It's nice to finalling get to know what the Crystal Eyes are after, er, "building" up to them.
- Hey, Dai Shi kicked Grizzaka out. There's a slight hope of Dai Shi being taken seriously.
- So, Camille does the crossowords? How do they get the news paper?
- So Casey figures out Jenning's animal spirit is a Dolphin? Now I wonder what a Dolphin Spirit zord would look like. Nice that they explain a little about the animal spirits.
- Yeah, Casey, walking up to someone and demanding that you give them their work looks pretty stupid. Now, if you had been morph....
- Ugh, did they really need to waste our time walking the Rangers fight Rin Shis?
- Why was Casey trying to keep Dai Shi from going after Jellica instead of running after her himself? Does it really matter who revives the Phantom Beast?
- I've-I've got to ask this again, what exactly is Zokato power? All Grizzaka and Dai Shi do is scream it and get covered in a bad cloud and, according to RttN, give you the ability to fly.
- You know, I wonder why Casey didn't try pulling out the Strike Rider on Grizzaka?
- ..... So, instead of utilizing teamwork to take down the Grizzaka, Casey demands Dominic’s morpher, and combines his weapon with it to take down Grizzaka? Amd Casey's answer is "I didn't know until now." That ridiculous. And "The rhino power made all the difference." But Dominic had been in this fight the entire time. Also, shouldn't have Dominic demorphed after he gave Casey his morpher?
- "Rhino Steel Warrior Mode", I hope that's the official name.
- So they combine all the zords and just call say "Stampede!"? Why not call it the Jungle Master Ultrazord or something?
- God, Grizzaka was such a Morticon clone in this episode.
- So, the Rangers have the other five eyes and Jellica only keeps the three she already had? Well, this seem pointless.

Not much can be said about this episode. Fran and Flit basically make a cameo and apparently, Flit afraid of Dai Shi. 3/5.
Old 07/29/08, 08:22 PM   #157
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

This was a fine way, to begin a new adventure! Some pretty average to semi-awesome fight scenes, mixed with a little cheesy dialog, but still played out to be a good episode.

Okay, when Casey first entered Dr. Jennings office...how in the world could he tell the eye was an Iguanas? I mean, her back was faced AWAY from Casey to where, basically no one could see the eye. Need I have to mention...All. The. Eyes. Look. The. SAME. ??? Yeah, that was kinda of a low score in my book. In that same scene, I was trying to imagine Jennings becoming the Dolphin Ranger...but no, just no. I couldn't picture it out right.

Moving onto Dai Shi revealing his Zakado to Grizzaka, that was completely bad***. I'm sorry, I just had to give Dai Shi his props for taking back his throne. He totally made Grizzly look like weakling. That still doesn't mean I don't like Grizzly, because he gave the ranger's the beating later on in the episode. That was ONE of the best fights, this season.

As for the ending the battle/Zord fight, I have no idea how Casey suddenly posses all these Tiger-tastic abilities, but IF this is the beginning of some Casey development..."Hooray!" for Casey. It's about time. Anyhow, "Arise the Crystal Eyes" as I said above, was a nice way to begin a new adventure in Jungle Fury. 4/5. I'm really looking forward to, the Spirit Ranger arc.
Old 07/30/08, 09:23 PM   #158
PowerOnyx
Ranger In Training

In GoaC the fears are metaphorical.

Lily- Kind-hearted. Looks for the good inside of everyone. She is the happy person most aspire to be. The spider symbolizes that which is not wholesome or cute. In Lily's world or view thereof, the spider is the personification of the everyday fears that people have. The world is not perfect & we must live day to day in it. Trying to be who we feel we are while at the same time hiding a part of ourselves deep inside. Thus the spider fear.

Theo- Multi-tasker. Constantly seeking the approval of others. The karaoke symbolizes Theo & his fear of the perception towards him. A lingering feeling that someone is watching him constantly just waiting for him to fail. Thus the social rejection fear.

Casey- A cub. Promoted to Ranger solely due to standing against Jarrod- fighting dark forces. The closet door symbolizes that which is unknown. A darkness in which Casey fears for he is still learning. He fears what lies ahead. Thus the monster in the closet fear.
Old 08/02/08, 06:57 PM   #159
Sakura3
Power Ranger

This aired on ABC today.

Anyway I'm really loving the current series.

I like where this is going. Two Master Megazord fights. I'm getting close to RJ Morphing as Wolf Ranger.

Problem was I'm not sure I liked Cheetah girl too much in this one. Personaly that was a tad much in the rude factor.
Old 08/04/08, 11:07 PM   #160
LePage
Ranger In Training

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Fear and the Phantoms

Yeah, part one of the Spirit Rangers arc.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread