Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/18/11, 05:24 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default V

Has anyone been watching the V remake? I know it hasn't been doing well ratings wise, but I think its an underrated show.

I'm glad we got a second season. Its going to be interesting to see how things go. I wonder why the Vs need humanity to reproduce?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/11, 10:47 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: V

This weeks episode moved fast like the other recent ones. I guess thats one of the benefits to only having 10 episodes.

Its interesting how the characters allegiances are tested. Joshua switched sides back to the visitors due to amnesia. Lisa developed real feelings for Tyler and became an informant for the resistance. Tyler is slowly becoming a radical defender of the Vs. Chad flirted with the V side but shifted to the 5th column when he learned the truth. Ryan's loyalties to both sides are being tested, as he struggles with the fact that Anna has his daughter. Based on last season, Hobb's loyality might also be questioned.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens with Ryan. As its pretty murky has to what side he is actually going to choose. I do like how he isn't stupid and knows Anna is manipulating him. But at the same time Anna has his daughter over him so he is conflicted and feels like he has to do what see says. I don't think he wants to betray the 5th column.

It was interesting to see Chad officially jion the 5th column. When the show first started I thought for sure that he was going to be a villain. But he has shifted to the resistance instead. It was nice to see him have a scene with Anna again. Since its been awhile.

I like the scientist, he adds some humor to the show and serves the serious role as a scientist. Something the resistance needs.

Its pretty chilling seeing Joshua firmly on the Vs side. It will be interesting to see if and when he starts to get his memories back. The whole idea of trying to extract the souls from people is also scary. I don't think it will work though, as Anna doesn't understand that the human soul isn't something that can be destoryed.

Its good to see the shot that Jack got last season finally be addressed. As we know it allowed the Visitors to track him. It seems he has become quite the public face for the Resistance. Its going to be interesting to see how Anna tries to target him. I wonder what happened to that older priest? He told Jack that he wasn't welcomed in finalie, yet Jack is still at the parish. Its almost like he is the pastor.

Its going to be interesting to see what Anna has planned for Tyler. I assume the missing DNA is there for Visitor DNA to be implanted. So he can be used to mate with Lisa when it is time. It was pretty chilling to see Anna tell Lisa that she was going to be just like her. And more chilling when she made her kill the human in the experiment. Really showed how Lisa has to make difficult decisions as a double agent.

I didn't expect the Agent Malak arch to be addressed so soon. It was a powerful scene when she was tortured and finally gave out the information to Sophia's whereabouts. You had to feel sorry for her as the tear went down her as she was sedated. Since from her prespective she was on the good team, and most likely regretted betraying her people.

It was a nice scene to see Sophia reunited with her mother. And it played into the themes of Erica and Anna's struggle to keep their children. Of course it was bittersweet since the 5th column couldn't save the rest of the prisioners.

The final scenes between Anna/Tyler and Erica/Lisa worked well. It seems Tyler is going more towards Anna while Lisa is going more towards Erica. Quite the interesting dynamic.
Old 01/19/11, 09:29 PM   #3
GSXT
Ranger In Training

Send a message via Yahoo to GSXT

v remake is cool
i am anna 's head scientsit

Last edited by GSXT; 01/19/11 at 10:25 PM.
GSXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/11, 09:51 PM   #4
mbozzo
Power Ranger

V is getting better in the second season. ABC would be stupid to not give V a third season.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/11, 11:01 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

The only problem is that the ratings aren't very good for ABC. It doesn't mean that it isn't a good show. Sometimes good shows just don't get good ratings. But I for one will enjoy season 2. I didn't think we would get that.
Post New ThreadReply