Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/30/09, 06:14 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Was Billy hiding something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetamus Primal View Post
And the batter hits into left field it will be a far fetch to get the ball again.
You've obviously never seen by crazy Jason became Porto theory? lol
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/14, 07:20 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
In "Rangers of Two Worlds" Billy starts aging due to the effects of the Command Center's destruction in "Hogday Afternoon". He is taking to Aquitar by Cestria ( someone he fell in love with when he went their to help in a war). Where the eternal falls restore Billy. At the end he sends a message back to the Rangers. Saying that he is going to stay with Cestria on Aqutiar. But the message has interference and we don't see Billy's face or real vioce.

I wonder if Billy was hiding something. Perhaps the interference was accidental. I wonder if the water on Aquitar actually transformed him into Aquation. Maybe he really had to stay. Staying with Cestria was just a plus. Perhaps, he wanted his friends to remember him as he was and not to feel bad that he was stuck on Aquitar. So he jammed the transmission so he could hide the true effects of the water. Its something interesting to think about.
I personally think it was an accident, perhaps it was an effect of Billy using their Eternal water just recently kind of like using a wireless device in the Electronics area in a store, your device's wireless signal can get interrupted.

Also I do think that it's possible that he became an Aquitian because of using their Eternal water.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:16 AM   #13
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
It was my theory actually. I made a typo. It was more of a crazy fan fic idea. I caused quite the stir at RB though lol.

In my idea, Divatox captured Kim and Jason. She used this mad scientist to unlock the evil potential in Kim and Jason ( due to the aftereffects of Mailgore's possessing. The experiment Backfires. Jason becomes Porto, a deformed yet intellgent creature. Kim becomes a powerful being that is too hard to control. She escapes.but Divatox makes Porto her chief inventor.

During "Countdown to Destruction", Porto gets fed up with being mistreated...So he works secretly to unlock his evil potential. The experiment turns him into a savage monster. Who ravages this planet. With everything destoryed, Zordon's Wave hits and restores Jason to normal. Jason is distraught at the destruction he caused. The only thing that keeps him going from his depressing is his quest to find Kimberly ( who wasn't around to be hit by Zordon's Wave. Jason is able to get the Red Power Cion from the dark Red Ranger from the comics. Jason tracks Kim's evil form the Earth. But Tommy steps into save the day with the Zeo Crystal. Restoring Kim to normal. Jason just roams through the country with all of his anger. A rift between Jason and Tommy gets stronger. During the events of "Forever Red", Jason puts his differences aside with Tommy to do good one last time.
I like that theory. Its pretty whacky ! lol
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:17 AM   #14
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Its also just fanon nonsense. Just like the kdea Billy becomes an Aquation.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:19 AM   #15
Astro Omega
Power Ranger

I think there was really a reason why Billy didn't want his friends to see him. It seems too convenient that the transmission just happened to be interfered with.
Astro Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:20 AM   #16
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I think it's more likely that he couldn't leave Aquitar without aging again. The transmission issue was real.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 08:21 AM   #17
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
I think it's more likely that he couldn't leave Aquitar without aging again. The transmission issue was real.
Thanks to the Gods of Real Life Behind the Scenes Stuff.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 09:34 AM   #18
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3123 View Post
That's because they had to get someone other than David Yost to do the voice (and I believe they messed with some stock footage for the face, but I could be wrong). Nothing more to it than that.
I think Billy's face can be seen in the transmission, however I'm not completely sure. BTW DY had said it himself - he left mainly because of the production crew who was constantly provoking him on the account that I'M NOT GOING to mention in this post - since this IS a fan board for a kids/teen show.

But even if he got converted to an Aquitian form, he had to find a way to reverse the effects of the eternal water since we do see a MMPR Blue in the Legendary Battle. Unless Tommy got Zyuranger's Tricera Ranger to fill in for him, I think it's safe to say that Billy is fine now. As for Cestria - they separated/divorced after he returned back to normal and she left to be with someone else. Same for Billy. Unless he changed his mind about going back to normal and used a voice-over device to make his voice sound like it did before the events in "Hogday Afternoon".
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 10:38 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
I think Billy's face can be seen in the transmission, however I'm not completely sure. BTW DY had said it himself - he left mainly because of the production crew who was constantly provoking him on the account that I'M NOT GOING to mention in this post - since this IS a fan board for a kids/teen show.

But even if he got converted to an Aquitian form, he had to find a way to reverse the effects of the eternal water since we do see a MMPR Blue in the Legendary Battle. Unless Tommy got Zyuranger's Tricera Ranger to fill in for him, I think it's safe to say that Billy is fine now. As for Cestria - they separated/divorced after he returned back to normal and she left to be with someone else. Same for Billy. Unless he changed his mind about going back to normal and used a voice-over device to make his voice sound like it did before the events in "Hogday Afternoon".
yes you can still see the face (look at the video around the 9 minute mark)

also while you can avoid the swear word David used it's fine to mention that he left due to crew members harassing him due to being gay.

We can't say Billy isn't an Aquitian just based on his Legendary Battle cameo that was just a cameo so we wouldn't have seen the weakening effects that Aquitians have during such a short appearance since remember the other Aquitians were there too on top of which their guest appearances in Zeo's "Rangers of Two Worlds" were much longer and we didn't see them weakening in either of those eps.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/17, 11:15 AM   #20
Bansheera's Revenge
Putty Patroller

Well Legendary Battle was so long after Hogday that whatever issue Billy may have faced could have been solved in the interium. Similar how we have seen depowered Ranger teams get there powers back off screen.
Bansheera's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply