Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/04/13, 01:09 AM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Fan Edits.

So lately I have been watching fan edits where people take footage from Power Rangers, and Super Sentai, and edit it to look like something happened in the show that didn't in some cases making whole new episodes out of it.

For instance they'll take a Super Sentai mecha fight that was never in Power Rangers but they'll edit it to make it look like they did use it in Power Rangers.

Or they'll take a monster from one Sentai, and a mecha from another but edit it to make it look like they're fighting each other I.E. the Shogun megazord fighting either a season 1 or season 2 monster even though their from different Sentai shows.

Well I've been thinking of doing a similar thing with VR Troopers where I take certain scenes and edit them to make it look like something happened that didn't in the actual show either simply changing an existing scene or creating a new one altogether.

For instance I'll take the Battle Grid fight from Kaitlin's Front Page, and cut out the last 7 seconds and replace them with clips from the Battle Grid fights in Searching for Tyler Steele, and A Dirty Trick to make it look like they showed Kaitlin being defeated in Battle Grid mode in Kaitlin's Front Page.

Another thing is take Secret Admirer, and clips from the Battle Grid fights from Kaitlin's Front Page, Searching for Tyler Steele, A Dirty Trick, and The Dojo Plot and make it look like Secret Admirer has a Battle Grid segment with just Kaitlin.

One thing I'm also thinking of doing if I can figure it out is taking footage from various Battle Grid fights to edit it to make it look like there's Battle Grid fights with only two Troopers in Battle Grid mode for instance going back to Secret Admirer I'd take footage from The Virtual Spy, No One's Friend, and The Transmutant, and maybe other episodes to make it look like there's a Battle Grid fight with just Ryan, and JB.

My questions are though

A) Is that legal? Does Saban entertainment care if I do that. For instance what if I just make edited scenes but not whole episodes?

B) What's a good program to use, and what are some good editing techniques I can use?
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/13, 04:19 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Fan Edits.

Using copyrighted video clips is never legal but based on the things that they do, I doubt Saban Capital Group and Saban Brands (it's not Saban Entertainment since that doesn't exist anymore) even care as long as it's not full episodes.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/13, 01:20 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

I keep getting them confused since I keep thinking the branch of Saban Brands that owns VR Troopers is still called Saban Entertainment.

Anyway I see truth be told I actually don't have anything yet I'm moving in a few weeks and the computer I use to do that stuff is already packed.

I'm mostly just curious about the legality as well as if anyone would want to see it if I did do it.
Old 06/10/13, 01:35 AM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

I really have no clue why people keep thinking that.

When Fox Family Worldwide was sold, Saban Entertainment went along with it to Disney and they had renamed it to reflect their Disney naming image. I don't believe it exists anymore though since it was just there for Digimon although when it had worked on Digimon, it was under Sensation Animation.

Anyway I'd definitely be interested in seeing whatever fan edit work you do.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/13, 01:47 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Well bad news and good news.

My old computer still works it just can't get on the internet, and it has all my editing software on it, and I lost my email address.

However my parents got me a new kindle, and I can put stuff from it to my old computer but not vice versa though I'm working on it, and I'll get a new YouTube account.

So hopefully I will figure it out.
Old 01/22/15, 02:21 PM   #6
Zabitan
Administrator

Last edited by Zabitan; 01/23/15 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04/21/17, 02:35 AM   #7
Zabitan
Administrator

Here's a new one I made it's one with only Ryan, and Kaitlin

Also I forgot to post these last time but I also made one for Secret Admirer

And one I made just for fun

Old 11/30/17, 01:02 PM   #8
Virtual Vagabond
Putty Patroller

Those are pretty good makes me wish we got some of these for real.
Virtual Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/17, 03:01 PM   #9
Zabitan
Administrator

Something I forgot to post last time I made another solo Battle Grid fight this one is for JB

Fun fact it was originally going to be for Computer Captive but all the English language versions I saw were poor quality, and the one's that were good quality were in Portuguese or Spanish.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
fan edits