Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/02/14, 01:23 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Discuss episode 9 of Sailor Moon Crystal.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 09:54 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Amazing episode! We finally get to see Usagi revealed as Princrss Serenity and learn about the past. The Usagi and Mamoru romance got a.lot of good play here. Usagi was very touching here. We also get a nice moment with the Sailor Gaurdians. I love Usagi's resolve at the end.

Its pretty clear the ally that killed Endyimon was Beryl. I almost thought there would be no Queen Serenity until the preview for next week. Interesting how the generals are starting to remember their past too but Kunzite doesnt seem to want to remember. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens with them since most of them are dead in the manga by now and only come back as spirits.

Gonna be tough to wait a few weeks for the next episode. Looking foward to that.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 11:40 AM   #3
StarHealerTornado
Putty Patroller

ositives: Very emotional episode. With the music and the performances, you could really feel everyone's sorrow. I teared up a bunch of times. The scene where they were doing Usagi's hair was really cute, as it was in the manga.

Neutrals: I'm a bit sad that Usagi's nightmare wasn't as graphic and disturbing as it was in the manga, but at least they kept it. I'm also glad we know Minako is really Sailor Venus now, and obviously there was no opportunity for her to transform again, but since she also won't be transforming next episode most likely, it'll be a while before we hear "Venus Power, Make Up!" and see her intro speech. Oh well.

Negatives: The animation was terrible. It was about Act 3 quality. For such a pivotal episode you'd think Toei would have used their A-Team but nope. Such a disappointment.
StarHealerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 11:42 AM   #4
SmallLadySerenity
Shadow Ranger

15 minutes later and I'm still crying.

I can't get Serenity's cries for Endymion out of my head. I keep hearing her scream in pain over and over, on repeat...and instead of getting annoyed, all it's doing is keeping the tears going. I can't stop.

When she was recovering her memories, she was agonized. During the flashback scene where you see Endymion struck down....her screams right there really got to me.

I love Kotono Mitsuishi so much right now. You have no idea. This wonderful woman in this episode alone, brought Usagi/Princess Serenity to stunning glorious life. Mostly as Serenity. But still. People doubted she still had it. No. She's gotten even BETTER.

I have seen many, many, MANY anime and I've been through countless emotional scenes. Kotono's voice acting here in this episode was hands down THE BEST I have EVER heard.

For me, right now, Usagi/Princess Serenity...they may as well be real, flesh and blood people. I am never going to get over her voice acting for this episode. That was so, so incredibly tragic and the entire episode just completely shattered my heart into pieces. Screw the animation. Even I will agree it wasn't the greatest....but who cares when you have a voice like THAT?

My heart is so thoroughly shattered right now. 10 minutes to 5 a.m. and I only just NOW managed to stop crying. But Serenity is still screaming and the tears are welling still.

That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. If I were ever to meet Kotono in person...I would ask to shake her hand, and likely break into sobs and then ask to give her a hug.

I'm going to bed. I need to recover a bit if I'm going to rewatch the episode again later in the day. Multiple times.

In short, I am going to be an absolute wreck all day.
Old 11/02/14, 11:43 AM   #5
Carjeter
Shadow Ranger

I thought the animation was amazing in the first part... Definitely NOT Ep.3 quality. The second part was lacking a bit but considering the story it had to cover, it didnt bother me that much.

Definitely one of the better episodes for sure!
Old 11/02/14, 11:45 AM   #6
geekchic96
Shadow Ranger

This episode was great! It was so emotional and there were some weird frames here and there but nothing to dampen my enjoyment over the episode.
Also the animation quality was definitely not like Act 3. Act 3 was bad, but, I know it's all going to be fixed for the bluray so i'm fine with it.

Anyway, Kotono did an amazing job with the voice work, you could really feel her pain as she cried out for Mamoru! and the nightmares!
Mamoru's beautiful face got ripped away, poor Usagi, she has to suffer so much!
Anyway, I am so excited for Act 10 that means only 4 more eps until the arrival of a certain petite étrangère
Old 11/02/14, 11:46 AM   #7
Sailor Gucci
Shadow Ranger

eautiful episode by far the best one yet! :love:
The animation of the moon kingdom was just so beautiful..and seeing Usagi and Mamoru's backstory is amazing.

Also Kotono killed it!! She is fantastic!

I also think in this series why Queen Beryl is keeping the generals alive is for her own reason she is their for her own personal reasons and she knows she will need a army for when Queen Metaria is ready to go against her.

The ending tho with all the girls was just beautiful! Loved seeing them connect and letting her know they love her for her.

now lets pray these next two weeks go by fast!!
Old 11/02/14, 11:49 AM   #8
Flower Huricane
Shadow Ranger

I actually cried. Mamoru/Usagi FINALLY FEELS RIGHT TO ME. The music is absolutely perfect for this - for her memories, the desolation, the creepiness of the Dark Kingdom, comforting Usagi, and their resolve to go to the moon right at the end. The atmosphere is very powerful throughout the whole story.

This may be my favorite episode yet. I have no complaints. I love that the Shitennou are still alive and starting to remember Endymion, and I am very pleased by how dark the episode is overall. Usagi is so heartbroken and at a loss that even the senshi become distraught at her state. I was just a big puddle of feels by the time she said, still bawling, "Thank you, but I sill don't know what to do."

:sadeyes:

Another thing I just want to say is that the scene with Usagi/Mamoru standing on a bridge with the moon in the background is one of the most gorgeous scenes yet in this show.

I also thought it was funny to see Mercury turn on her glasses while they were being attacked and couldn't see. Wasn't expecting that.

I am soooo pumped for the next ep.

________
Post New ThreadReply